Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th October 2015, 09:23   #1
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

Default Cannabis and Driving

My son was going through a sticky patch with his partner, they decided that they would have a week end break away from each other and he stayed with some friends for that week end. While he was there they offered him a role up with cannabis in it to calm him down. After he smoked it he decided that this was not for him, he spent the week end being a passive smoker of this stuff.
The following Friday he was stopped my the police because he was driving a modified car his cannabis smoking mate was in the car with him. Although the Police did not find a fault with his car they could smell Cannabis, him and his mate were arrested and taken to the police station for a drugs test. A blood test revealed that my son has half a point over the two that is the base figure. He went to court and had his licence revoked for 16 months and fined £ 700. So this has to be a warning to Cannabis drivers, you can be over the limit by passive smoking and it can take up to two weeks for this to get out of your system. Un like drink driving where you can get leg less on a Saturday night but still drive on a Monday.
And no, passive smoking will not be taken into consideration by magistrates. His cannabis smoking mate was not charged. IN today's local rag a bloke was caught driving at 111 MPH on the A14, he got a year ban and £400 fine.
So, if you know a cannabis smoking Rider/Driver please warn him/her of what will happen if they get caught. But as the old saying goes, Commit the Crime do the Time

Last edited by thundercat; 6th October 2015 at 09:26..
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 09:29   #2
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

I was under the impression that Cannabis left the system in 24 hrs

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 09:41   #3
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

There is an argument that drug driving is a bigger problem than drink driving. With cannabis being an illegal substance, this attracts the law but worryingly prescribed medications can have similar effects to cannabis.

Cannabis and particularly 'skunk' is very potent and the effects remain in the system for much longer than we think so be cautious of other the other driver if you are involved in a bump. He/she is more likely to be a drug driver than a drink driver
Old 6th October 2015, 09:49   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5tart View Post
When I was a driver inspector on the railway we were involved in random drug testing, lectures on the subjects of drink and drugs. Depends how much, metabolism etc but even a single joint can be detectable in a urine test for up to four days.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 09:55   #5
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

I know that in my previous career within the government, that we had to do random drug tests and canabis is detectable for months after use. Many use to order cleansing stuff to fool drug tests.
itchyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 09:56   #6
geordie1
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

I work in a medium secure unit and we test the patients for drugs from time to time. My understanding is THC (cannabis) can be detected up to 30 days after use, drugs like heroin are clear much sooner.

According to this

https://www.facebook.com/TheLCC/posts/10154005608035014

"The reality is that after just a couple of hours, somebody who has consumed cannabis would most likely have less than the legal limit of 'THC' in their system."

No disrespect to the OP ( and you know your son whilst I don't)but I have heard it all when it comes to drugs "my drink was spiked" "i am holding it for a mate" "i tried it once and its not for me", if you are hanging around with users chances are you are using too.
geordie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 09:57   #7
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Cannabis remains in the system for a long time but there is little research to say how long it will impede someone's ability to drive.

Some research has even shown that cannabis smoking makes you more cautious and more aware of dangers on the road!
Prescribed sedatives and painkillers are more likely to make you a danger to other road users.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/w...ral-data-show/

I don't smoke it myself but I do think more research is needed.

Last edited by neilb740; 6th October 2015 at 09:59..
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 10:23   #8
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5tart View Post
It can take up to 2 weeks depending on your BMI
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 10:44   #9
pln64
Regular poster

rover 75 2.0 v6 saloon

Just watched an old lady in widnes trying to park her car in a disabled space. Twice she hit the car behind her . The lady behind was trying to tell her to stop because she was reversing fast. Old lady looked at her and drove away. There are worse things than cannabis smoking drivers out there.
pln64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 10:48   #10
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

QUOTE "No disrespect to the OP ( and you know your son whilst I don't)but I have heard it all when it comes to drugs "my drink was spiked" "i am holding it for a mate" "I tried it once and its not for me", if you are hanging around with users chances are you are using too".

My sympathy is with Thundercat.
I hope your son gets to grips, meanwhile give him a kick up the backside,
He's a big boy now, he should make a commitment, marry his "partner" and stop hanging about with dope heads.
Or perhaps he needs a session with Jeremy Kyle.

Kev.

Last edited by KLM; 6th October 2015 at 18:25.. Reason: Amend quote.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote