Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th December 2019, 19:47   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Deja Vu at the Four Ashes

It is currently available on the New River website as below:

The current manager at the Ashes is leaving and has a thriving pub elsewhere in Cannock and he took the Ashes on as an extra string to his bow but if he cant do anything with it given his experience in the pub trade then not looking good for others.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2020, 13:40   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Rob.
So it turns out the girl whom lives by me and was working there was correct, when she told me she had given her notice in because Doug was intending to not carry his contract was up, he must of know this when you spoke to him in late October early November.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 20:36   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Not looking to good for the Meets later on then Steve.It would be a shame for it to slip away. I suppose we can only wait and see what happens.
Old 9th January 2020, 22:36   #4
trebor
This is my second home

I live near the Ashes and pass by most days so will be keeping an eye on things and will put updates on here, hopefully someone will take it on before our 1st meet in March

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 9th January 2020, 22:41   #5
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Now that would be sad if you lost that place
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 23:26   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
I live near the Ashes and pass by most days so will be keeping an eye on things and will put updates on here, hopefully someone will take it on before our 1st meet in March
I will be doing the same as I am only down the road, also have spoken to the girl whom worked there again, and she said herself & boyfriend may be interested it trying to make a go of it, so something to keep an eye and ears out for

ad altiora tendo.

Old 19th January 2020, 01:13   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

had a quick ride down to the FA yesterday no sign of life, all I saw was a few old fridges outside, there is some lorries parked on there which I presume are the ones used for the summer air slides and pools etc, I wonder if they may take it on? will do a drive by again later this month.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 19th August 2020, 09:20   #8
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Cheers Rob

Was good to get together again after so long.

A sensible approach to getting the nanos back up and running in the current climate.

Hopefully the pubs doing food and we could put some trade over the counter, can always eat outdoors picnicking style

Scott

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2020, 12:58   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default Remember the Covid Rules.

There still a lot to think about in my opinion, ie will the pub have its track & trace in place before we meet i presume so, also there is still the rule of no more than 30 people meeting.

I also presume when the decision making was talked over last night, (sorry could not be there) that car that are not Rover but owned by person whom as Rover is ok those that do not own a Rover should park on the car park correct?

Are we not going to sort out any barriers then ie metal stakes with yellow nylon rope off the football barriers to posts across so each section will hold a car miss a section and so on? or is it going to be park where you think is ok ?

I would imagine you are less likely to pass on the virus if you were helping the owner on his car either direction at a distance inside the sectioned off area, so only you have him/her are in that section no spectators gathering round, than having a meet where you will crowd round each other putting the world to rights.

Remember wearing a mask helps you protect others from infection, its not for your own protection, i think people find it hard to understand that simple concept.

I also suspect that the numbers will not be high if its a come and talk cars, politics, and any other small talk, was any decision made about someone manning the gate or policing the event as i am sure the manager will expect some sort of professional status from us.

ad altiora tendo.

Last edited by Arctic; 22nd August 2020 at 08:45.. Reason: rectification
Old 19th August 2020, 13:45   #10
trebor
This is my second home

Hi Steve, i need to square things with the pub 1st so will then find out if we can go ahead and what restrictions if any they impose on us

It is essential for this meet that people say they are coming so if we have to restrict to 30 we will know where the cut off point is but if we meet Saturday and Sunday hopefully there will be less than 30 on each day

We did not get too hung up about make of cars as the vast majority will be Rover and the meet is also about the people and it will be great to catch up again so wouldnt want to turn anyone away, if we can get back to normal in October should be room for all on the field

We thought being sensible about parking is the way to go, buying stakes etc that may not get further use down the line might not be best use of funds, and as Bernard said in his post its the owners who need to isolate not the cars and I would imagine after months of lockdown we all know how to do that , in any event we usually leave a decent space between our cars out of respect for not dinking the doors

By having no jobs at this 1st meet it reduces the greatest risk of close contact and we will all be able to socially distance, ive been to a few meets recently where people take chairs sit down in a circle at a decent distance and just catch up.

Its only for the 1st meet not to be a regular thing and if it keeps numbers down that may not be a bad thing to start with, not sure why we would want somebody on the gate if people list their names as coming beforehand, unless we get more than 30

Anyway with time ticking on that was the consensus of those that turned up last night and there were already a couple of other comments about coming to meet up only.

Lets see what others think when they have read all the comments on here

Robs Car Gallery