Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st December 2020, 11:16   #31
ADO13
Avid contributor

Rover 75, 1960 Sprite

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
The whining noise comes from the HP fuel pump causing a resonating sound along the rigid stainless steel fuel pipe.

Does the noise you described go up and down with the rise and fall in engine speed? Thank you.

I wonder if the car could need a 4 wheel alignment carried out??, also has there been any work undertaken on the drivers side door, this could be a cause of the rattles and clunk sounds perhaps
A few years ago the door was damaged and was replaced with a used door. Thank you.
ADO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 08:30   #32
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO13 View Post
A few years ago the door was damaged and was replaced with a used door. Thank you.

I wonder if the garage, I assume it was a garage that carried out the replacement, omitted the internal door foam, or damaged it in some way?

Just a thought of course Andrew, I may well be way off the mark, but it might be worth having a peek at what is going on behind the door card.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 08:19   #33
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Morning Andrew, hoping you and the family are keeping well.

I know the story behind the drivers door replacement on your car, and the probably the cause of the rattles

Your door was sourced for the painter via a very kind and generous offer of a ZT door from Gary and Lydia in York.

Knowing the varying standards of the painter's workmanship which were in the main erring on the low side putting it politely, I'd say when he was transferring the lock door handles and trim from your original door, there would have been less care taken than repainting Edgar's coach line.

Once the restrictions are relaxed, you might wish to pop over and I'll take a look for you, I wouldn't be surprised if the door liner hasn't been damaged or even not refitted at the least.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2020, 17:47   #34
ADO13
Avid contributor

Rover 75, 1960 Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1973 View Post
My front passenger door handle is slightly loose and makes the door sound 'tinny' when it is shut. I have read about door handle removal and put it in the 'nope' category. Mike be worth seeing if it the cause of your door sounding cheap. That or the striker needing adjustment maybe.
Thank you. M.
ADO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 14:55   #35
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I've spent £75 on sound deadening pads over the last few weeks, I want my ZT as quiet as my 75 is. I've done the whole bulkhead and redone the floors and I've coated the tunnel from front to back. It's very quiet now in the cabin with the V6 running, the scuttle isn't yet fitted and I've not put the pads under the bonnet as yet, I'm putting some pads on the underside of the bonnet and a double felt pad like the 75 has. It's overkill but who cares? I have a very quiet ZT and It will make people think when they don't hear it!
How did you do the whole bulkhead ?

Pete.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2020, 16:50   #36
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
How did you do the whole bulkhead ?

Pete.
Dashboard and heater out to do the job, I wanted to find all the water leaks so it was just an idea I've had for awhile. The cabin is now very quiet but I'm not finished yet as I'm doing some more in other places.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201118_113341 - Copy.jpg (115.1 KB, 31 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote