Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2020, 12:01   #61
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good luck with the meet up. I’ll try and make your October meet, be in the Bear.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:18   #62
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Will deffo turn up October. September is a bit short notice, but I might be able to make it.
Old 22nd August 2020, 21:28   #63
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Spoke to Michelle, the Ashes will open on Monday, she is happy for our September and October meets to go ahead and said that are no restrictions in place from the brewery's point of view.

The only issue she has is getting the field ready for us in time and I said we could probably provide some help from among the group if it helped.( some people have already offered in previous threads )

Quote:
So I have arranged to go back in on Monday 24th when it reopens and have a chat to see what needs doing, I will then post back on here.
In the meantime if you are likely to have any spare time for a tidy up or grass cutting please post on here.

So now we have the go ahead we really do have to make a final decision on what type of meet we are having so let the debate continue........................

Hi Rob.
On Monday when you meet up with Michelle, ask if she want all the rubbish putting in a skip which is out side the changing rooms, she would have to supply the skip of cause, if that was done then that area could become a two or three car coral for working on maybe with the big tent erected ? at least then we have an area we can control.

No one was about today when i had a run up there, otherwise i would have asked myself.

The field is not in that bad a shape to be honest so should not take much to sort out if enough of use get stuck in.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 14:21   #64
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Just been to the Ashes which should be opening later today, spoke to Michelle who has her hands full with the pub opening and not helped by water leaks and electrical issues.

She is more than happy for our September and October meets to go ahead with camping if there is anyone who wants to camp and we can get back to a Saturday evening camp fire if we want and she is really grateful for any offer of help as she has not yet had time to assess what needs doing outside, other than she is having the grass cut in the beer garden area. There are no restrictions placed on us by Michelle or the brewery so we just need to take our own sensible precautions.

The gate to our field is shut but there is no padlock so it can be entered, the grass needs a cut but is nowhere near as bad as the adjoining football pitches and she is happy for us to turn up whenever and just get on with things, she offered to pay but I told her it would be a thankyou for use of the field

So what needs doing ?

> Grass needs cutting
> Strimming edge of our field and maybe approaches to the field from the car park
> Tidy up wood near changing rooms - she will be having a bonfire in November but a lot of the wood there at the moment is not much use and she is happy for us to burn it as we please - Steve Devilish has offered to help with this

It will be difficult to coordinate our efforts to show willing and do the above jobs as I have no idea when people are available, so maybe a way forward might be to post on here if you are going to help and if anyone else is available on the same day and time they can also post on here and that way we may form a small group.

There are not many jobs listed as yet for the meet ( viewtopic.php?f=191&t=629) and it may be a good thing for the first meet as we can all get on the same field and there will be plenty of room for those carrying out any jobs to maintain a distance and the rest who maybe just want to chat and catch up can do that too.

If you are coming please visit the pub if you can and make a purchase

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 20:22   #65
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Rob.
Good news then no restrictions from Michelle or the brewery, but lets keep in mind the government guide lines no more than 30 to meet and must still keep a social distance.

Therefore as you said above we just need to make & take our own sensible precautions, those that can not follow them should do the honorable thing and remove themselves from the field if asked to do so and not kick up a stink.

We are deserve to be treated fair, and worthy of respect from each other, i am sure we can make it work if we pull together.

Regarding the field tidy etc, would it not be best to allocate nest Saturday or Sunday to meet up and those that want to help or can help put there names forward many hands make light work etc, again at a distance like an army marching across a field

Those that can meet i the week could also go and make a start if they so wished again using a distance.

Rakes, spades, sheers, strimmer's, or petrol mower would be good i don't really think it will be to hard to sort out

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 19:29   #66
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I would not mind bashing the mole hills down that are usually there and helping to tidy up the field. If people respect the social distancing, I don’t see any problems. It may be a good idea to have a diary at hand so that as people enter the site, they give their name and phone number so that anyone who attends does develop the dreaded lurgi (Covid19), they could notify us through the coordinator of the info, and others could then be told to isolate, get a test at the doctors to see if they have got it. I booked a meeting for our Allotment Association and this had to take place there just for the record. The list can then be destroyed after three weeks. I would not mind doing this if it was felt it had to be done.It will just be nice to have a natter with everyone again.
Old 31st August 2020, 20:21   #67
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I would not mind bashing the mole hills down that are usually there and helping to tidy up the field. If people respect the social distancing, I don’t see any problems. It may be a good idea to have a diary at hand so that as people enter the site, they give their name and phone number so that anyone who attends does develop the dreaded lurgi (Covid19), they could notify us through the coordinator of the info, and others could then be told to isolate, get a test at the doctors to see if they have got it. I booked a meeting for our Allotment Association and this had to take place there just for the record. The list can then be destroyed after three weeks. I would not mind doing this if it was felt it had to be done.It will just be nice to have a natter with everyone again.
You're 100% right David, this is why a lot of the larger meets you have to book on line, the Nano meets can't do this of course, they then have all the details they need, which is also why you can have more than 30 people. I have been to Wheels on Wednesday meets over 200 cars there, Donington Park and today Mallory Park also a lot more than 30 people at both events. Also it is not mandatory to wear a face covering outside provided you social distance as far as I can see, it's an individual's choice, if everyone is careful, sensible and uses common sense there should be no great problem.

A diary/list of attendees contact details, email or phone number must be noted down as required and requested.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 22:57   #68
trebor
This is my second home

Yes thanks David, we will need a register of who turns up and their contact details just in case, and if you are willing to do that and intend to come both days please go ahead.

I have been to Oulton Park today, entry restricted to 2000, lots of clubs there and all distanced and no issues.

The best car at Oulton Park today by a country mile would have come last in every race, its a 1924 Buick export model, limited edition and the only 1 left, beautiful !!

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 31st August 2020 at 23:05..
Old 1st September 2020, 06:14   #69
super chip
Avid contributor

Rover 75 x 3. Plus a ZT

Hello Nano team. Just noticed this great update on the forum. A massive thank you for all the time and effort you have all put in so we can all meet up and tinker with our cars. I will have to miss this one but should be good for the October meet. Hope all goes well for you all and thanks again. your all stars. all the best Chris ( super chip )
super chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2020, 18:18   #70
trebor
This is my second home

The September meet is still going ahead each day from 10 - 4.

Given how things have worked out and now everyone has had chance to put their names down , this will obviously not be one of our usual Nano meets as attendance numbers will be down and jobs are few and far between , so it will be more of a social gathering as we first thought it might turn out

We will be recordIng details of those in attendance and I will hand my mobile number out at the meet and ask people to just text me with their name and number and say they were at the meet, that way should any track and trace be needed we will have the required details. I will print my number on some slips of paper and hand them round on Saturday and Sunday

Despite how things have turned out it will be good to catch up with everyone , we are all adults and will be sensible about things , feel free to take whatever precautions you think you need to make in terms of bringing mask and gloves and hand sanitiser but we will be outside.

The weather forecast is pretty good for Saturday and Sunday with some Sunshine and very slight chance of rain , I will not be erecting the events shelter so maybe bring a brolly in the back of the car just in case , other than that looking forward to seeing everyone

Robs Car Gallery