Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2020, 22:57   #1
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Default Vaccine

News is breaking that the Covid vaccine rollout is expected to begin in 10 days time. No doubt it will take time, but hopefully this will be the start of a return to life as we used to know it.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:26   #2
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

I just hope that most will be sensible enough to realise that the announcement is not a sign to simply go back to doing what they would normally do.

I do fear possible side effects (or other unknown issues) though , normally a vaccine like this takes a decade to develop and yet they have produced these in a year.

Edit - I will be down the list. I fear side-effects generally for those who receive it.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.

Last edited by v-man; 2nd December 2020 at 16:50..
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:28   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Looks like I'll be so far down the priority list any problems will be known before I get a needle stuck in me!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:43   #4
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Looks like I'll be so far down the priority list any problems will be known before I get a needle stuck in me!
Agreed, I seem to fall into about 8th place in the priority list of 10.

I just hope that those who does have it will continue being sensible and wearing masks until the vaccination program is completed, and not adopt the attitude " well, I can't get it so why should I bother!"
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:02   #5
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Fingers crossed. Too many lives have been ruined as it is.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:29   #6
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

I'll take my place in the queue then, 66,000,000 guinea pigs in front of me will do fine

More importantly for me, I've got an appointment at the barbers in a couple of weeks time

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:29   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Barber appointment? what's one of those? I look after my barber's ZT and in return I can get my haircut any time

In fact as I fitted his car with a couple of my old castoff tyres today, it was a number one back and sides, and a tidy up on the top ready for Christmas

Anyway back to the question of vaccination, I wonder if this is going to be necessary for those of us who have already had covid?

I'm currently participating in a study into recovered covid patients, and being tested fortnightly swab and bloods, and eight months after being infected my antibody count is still very active.

Just a thought, I may well ask the question when I next attend.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:49   #8
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Why have the MRHA put out a TED tender for an AI software tool to deal with the "expected high volume of Covid19 vaccine Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) and to ensure no details of the ADR reaction text are missed" if it's perfectly safe?

I'm not an Antivaxxer by any means in fact I had my Flu jab the other day. The way this has been rushed out without the volume of testing normally required is worrying.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:14   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Why have the MRHA put out a TED tender for an AI software tool to deal with the "expected high volume of Covid19 vaccine Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) and to ensure no details of the ADR reaction text are missed" if it's perfectly safe?

I'm not an Antivaxxer by any means in fact I had my Flu jab the other day. The way this has been rushed out without the volume of testing normally required is worrying.

Russ
Hi Russ, I wonder if it's just a precaution covering their backsides so to speak?

I found out something today, I wondered why the vaccine has been approved for use in the UK and not in the EU.

It would appear that MRHA handled all new drug approval EU wide, however this is not the case in the post Brexit era and is only for inhouse approval.

I'm certainly not an antivaxer by any stretch of the imagination, and it was a question I asked Chris over tea, as to whether or not vaccination was necessary in the case of recovered covid sufferers.

She was rather non committal, saying this may be like chicken pox, but the reality is I suspect no one really knows.

The approval and announced vaccine roll out came too late to ask the question at the OH study clinic we are attending at the RVI, but I'll be asking when I'm next there.

According to the last set of bloods taken, my CD8 T cells appear to have a memory phenotype which appears to bode well for long term immunity in the view of those conducting the study.

I don't have the answers, there is only so much information you can absorb over a fifteen minute consult, and those conducting the study are very enthusiastic and often forget to speak in layman terms, especially when talking with Chris.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:35   #10
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post

Russ
It makes you wonder why that is?

The vaccine itself is in all likelihood to be safe, but like you I'm rather concerned that something that normally takes many years to develop has suddenly taken months instead.

It will not be mandatory to be vaccinated, but I suspect if you are not proven to have received the jab, then life will be made difficult for you.

Still I'm sure events will unfold in the coming weeks and months.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote