Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th January 2021, 19:45   #1
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default A Car Named Hyacinth

Well when my pal first saw my Rover he affectionately named her "Hyacinth" - a nod to the Rovers appearing in Keeping Up Appearances and also due to the fact that my reg looks like it spells out the word "Nosy". I didn't mind so it stuck. Recently I have really started to think of her as an older lady...perhaps an older lady on blood thinners - she really doesn't like the cold!

With the passenger door becoming superlocked recently and the door handle rod yanked out of place on a frosty morn (my own fault really), tonight I hear the rear brakes wailing like a banshee but only when reversing. An alarming sound! So I consult with my friend who says the handbrake may need adjusted. I go back to Hyacinth and try for five minutes reversing around like I'm lost but cannot replicate the sound. My friend suggests it's merely the cold causing the cable to contract or perhaps some dirt that was trapped back there came out.

We shall see what happens in warmer weather but in the meantime I eagerly await the next surprise she throws at me when I climb aboard.

Ps I mean no offence to older ladies on blood thinners. My gran is cold constantly due to warfarin. She will also ask me the same question seven times in the space of two minutes but I still love her. And I still love my Rover

Some pics: https://imgur.com/a/yFB76c4
AndrewJames is offline   Reply With Quote