Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th November 2007, 12:08   #1
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Almost bought a new 75

....but not quite, i have been thinking about a ZTT or diesel and yesterday we had a 75 tourer diesel traded in. Its a 75 tourer ( has to be a tourer) 55 plate (mines a 53) first glance was from the back and spotted factory reverse sensors so thought it was probably a high spec. Turned out to be a classic with reverse sensors and trip computer I can live with the same wheels as my club and could probably swap the horrible plastic black mirrors for my own with shiny covers, but no electric windows in the back and manual heater with only one temperature controll is too much of a drop in spec. It was a cdt in what i thought was black but up close it was very dark blue, has 18,000 miles on the clock, it will have a warranty and sold from an ex Rover deallership with a good reputation, and will probably be around the £9995 mark.
This got me thinking as my 75 tourer 1.8 turbo has been a brilliant car, is very shiny - as seen at Holker, Do i get rid of a brilliant car and possibly end up with something inferior and do i need a diesel as bad as i think. £60 to fill and get between 300 and 450 miles to a tank, but today i noticed how much diesel is! how much to fill a diesel and how many miles to a tank roughly?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 12:29   #2
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

I have had the same problem recently, do I change or not? I too have the 1.8t and to get anywhere near the spec, mileage and condition of mine I would have to pay another 3k just to stay at the same year (2003)

I have looked at numerous diesels and to be honest the condition of most is great and I would be pleased to own one but when put alongside mine they don't match up for condition etc.

I have made a decision and that is re boot mine with decent tyres and have her rust treated, well worth it just to drive around in a well looked after car...............mine

I still fancy British racing green though

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 22:28   #3
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
still fancy British racing green though

Ken
Thats your weekends gone then. BRG is a pig to keep looking clean.
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 10:52   #4
Tom Collins
Posted a thing or two

Mondeo 2.0 cdti Ghia Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I have had the same problem recently, do I change or not? I too have the 1.8t and to get anywhere near the spec, mileage and condition of mine I would have to pay another 3k just to stay at the same year (2003)
Ken
Exactly the same here Ken. If I could swap for the same car but with a diesel lump up front, I think I would. Unfortunatley I don't think that will happen.
Tom Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 15:46   #5
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
£60 to fill and get between 300 and 450 miles to a tank, but today i noticed how much diesel is! how much to fill a diesel and how many miles to a tank roughly?
£65 to fill and get between 450 and 700 miles per tank. Aberdeen to Penzance at 690 miles is easily do-able on a full tank at the national speed limit.

Also had same problem recently. Was going to change to a diesel tourer but wouldn't be able to find one in as good condition as my saloon.

Last edited by Ross R75; 24th November 2007 at 15:48..
Ross R75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 22:13   #6
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I get 600 to 700 miles a Tank depending on Conditions.
Only drops low when I'm around Towns, Short Runs etc.
Costs here are 106.9 per Litre for Shell Diesel.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 11:45   #7
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

I had the similar poser but not to the extent that you had when my first R75 CDti 04 SE was written off when a lorry smashed into the back of me,it had everything including Alacantra seats -(which were ordered by the previous owner) ,CC,Comp,auto dimming,rain sensor wipers,elec blinds etc.

I searched around for a similar car but ended up with a CDti SE without: CC,Comp,Elect Blinds,auto dimming,rain sensors wipers but I retro fitted most things except rain sensors, electric blinds. I don't miss the seats as the suede sections of the seat required careful cleaning and prefer the black leather seats on the new car
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote