Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th January 2022, 07:05   #1
FantasticMrFish
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cold and Door Locks

Anyone ever had this issue before.

Was heading to work this morning so out to the car I went. Was very cold overnight up here so it was frozen up.

Scraped the windscreens and got in the car.
Drivers side door was frozen so I gave it a quick squirt of antifreeze and it opened up with a bit of a tug to break it free.

So I'm now standing letting the car warm up and letting the demister do its thing when I go to close the door and the door latch will not engage.

I get in the car to stop my fingers dropping off and oh did I make a mistake. Locked the doors to keep the drivers side door shut. All hell then brakes loose. Can't open the door, can't unlock the door electronically then can't lock it when I unlock it manually. All other doors are frozen shut. So now I'm stuck inside the car.

I thought I'll let the engine get up to temp. Pump some hot air around and get things going. Nothing, I sat for about 30 mins.

Only thing that would open was the boot.......... I'm 6ft 6 and let's just say I'm plumper than the average man. I'll let your brains do the rest.

So now I'm stuck with a car I can't get into, that won't lock anyone have any thoughts on what I've done wrong.

Ta!

Shaun

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk
FantasticMrFish is offline   Reply With Quote