Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2022, 05:20   #166751
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning Bob, what a busy day you had.

Morning all, I should say something about my op.

To get to the aorta and to the aorta aneurysm to carry out repairs, the large and small intestines had to be pulled out and placed to one side.

The aorta had to be clamped just below the heart. This allowed for it to be cut open all way down from the heart and to each leg.

Once that was done, the graft was inserted inside the aorta and inside the aneurysm. A graft comprises of a large synthetic tube going from the heart to each leg.

Two surgical teams carried out the complexed operation. Once the graft was found to be working, the clamps to the heart was released.

The intestines were then put back in the correct order and the wounds down and across were sewn back up.

The operation was completed in 3 hours.

Because the bowels had been manhandled, they became paralysed and I was left with constipation.

Yesterday I was on prunes all day long and at 03:30 I had an enema with an excellent result! and much welcomed relief!

Just had a dose of liquid morphine for the pain and some paracetamol. I tried cutting back on the Oramorph but couldn’t hack it, so decided to carry on taking it for the time being.

Yesterday I did lots of walking which is all to do with physiotherapy and getting me ready to go home. Later on this morning it’s more walking and if possible without the stick. They have said, no carrying bags and no driving for 8 weeks.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 4th October 2022 at 05:24..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2022, 06:42   #166752
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

To get to the aorta and to the aorta aneurysm to carry out repairs, the large and small intestines had to be pulled out and placed to one side.

The aorta had to be clamped just below the heart. This allowed for it to be cut open all way down from the heart and to each leg.

Once that was done, the graft was inserted inside the aorta and inside the aneurysm. A graft comprises of a large synthetic tube going from the heart to each leg.

Two surgical teams carried out the complexed operation. Once the graft was found to be working, the clamps to the heart was released.

The intestines were then put back in the correct order and the wounds down and across were sewn back up.

Because the bowels had been manhandled, they became paralysed and I was left with constipation.

Yesterday I was on prunes all day long and at 03:30 I had an enema with an excellent result! and much welcomed relief!

Just had a dose of liquid morphine for the pain and some paracetamol. I tried cutting back on the Oramorph but couldn’t hack it, so decided to carry on taking it for the time being.

Yesterday I did lots of walking which is all to do with physiotherapy and getting me ready to go home. Later on this morning it’s more walking and if possible without the stick. They have said, no carrying bags and no driving for 8 weeks.
Just a quick routine procedure then Phil....Much like an in growing toenail

Seriously, you are doing remarkably well after such a big procedure

Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 4th October 2022, 07:07   #166753
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Just a quick routine procedure then Phil....Much like an in growing toenail

Seriously, you are doing remarkably well after such a big procedure

Slow and steady wins the race.
Thank you Jeff,

The surgeon visited at 06:45 and he has given me the all clear to go home tomorrow with a follow up appointment next week.

I will certainly be taking your advice.

So tomorrow it’s a Uber to our discharge address in Wembley
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2022, 07:21   #166754
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Thank you Jeff,

The surgeon visited at 06:45 and he has given me the all clear to go home tomorrow with a follow up appointment next week.

I will certainly be taking your advice.

So tomorrow it’s a Uber to our discharge address in Wembley
Great news Phil.

I bet you can't wait to get home to continue your recovery.

I'm off to work now (Hyundai Colchester) for a couple of hours photo shoot. Then it's back home and editing the pictures up.

Warmer but cloudy today, no rain forecast so good conditions for a photo shoot.

Catch you all later
Old 4th October 2022, 07:34   #166755
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Not long since I surfaced. A grey stat to the day.

Off on my travels again with the wee car.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2022, 07:54   #166756
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, grey skies & light rain here, Laundry day too

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2022, 07:55   #166757
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:

Hi Phil.
Glad to hear you are okay and not in too much pain, just take it easy and don't try to rush things.
Dawn sends her love.

Julien.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2022, 10:31   #166758
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

WoW! Phil that's some operation Hope you continue to make good progress.

Missus is off to the charity shop with the car loaded to the gunwales with stuff/clothes we don't use anymore. there are at 4 6' artificial Christmas trees in boxes WTH did all those come from

I bought a big pack of cooking bacon from ASDA yesterday, Trimmed the fat off & I'm making a bacon & potato dish on a slow heat in the oven for tea tonight, smells bootiful if I say so meself.

Old 4th October 2022, 10:36   #166759
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning all, I haven’t been on for a while, I had a few new plastic for the greenhouse windows so I be got that done.
What’s the latest since I’ve been away?

Hi Rich, I missed this yesterday, Hope you're feeling better mate. Good job on the plastic windows for the greenhouse. I've been clearing out the greenhouses here as most plants are finished now for the season, Got a few bell pepper & chilli plants in there with lots of green fruit on them but I don't think they'll ripen to red at this time of year, Been a great year for the heat loving plants though with those two heatwave spells we had.

Old 4th October 2022, 12:19   #166760
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Afternoon all.

All a bit grey here. Not actually raining and the forecast looks a bit of a moveable feast depending on which one you look at .

Quizzie's on her afternoon nap after her Tuesday morning romp with Bertie & Bridget - next instalment on Thursday.

Good to hear that you're on the mend Phil - take it steady.

Ian, Christmas trees multiply because they crawl away to hibernate in January and are so successful in finding somewhere suitable to tuck themselves away that they cannot be found to be disturbed the following December .

Wishing Zed a pleasant and straightforward journey back to the South West.

Take care everyone.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote