Notices

Old 24th June 2023, 10:05   #170751
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning Phil, at least you know when your operation is happening now.
I’m getting my pacemaker fitted on Wednesday 12th July, but I have to go on Monday 10th to get some tests before the op, so if I don’t speak to you before I go to hospital, I wish you the best after that for a successful operation but I’m sure I’ll speak to you before then.
Good morning Richard, thank you. That is great news you have a date for the pacemaker and thank you for clarifying the dates. My op is 17 July at The Royal Free Hospital where I worked for nearly 20 years. I have been told to starve from midnight and to present myself for admission at 12:30pm and have the op in the afternoon.

Will you have your op under a general anaesthetic or will it be carried out whilst you are awake under a local? I am sure you will do well.

We are all rooting for you and hoping the operation will make you feel better and stronger.

I am hoping my friendly and highly skilled mechanic is going to be able to repair the loan car’s A/C which is useful during the Hay Fever and summer season, so if he can fit us in time before the operation, it will be a treat. Its compressor is defunct and a replacement is ready to go in.

Yesterday we met with the gentleman who had a bleed on his brain exactly 12 months ago and he had extensive brain surgery to stop the bleeding from spreading. A year on, he is unable to drive but his speech has returned and his mobility is improving every day. Fortunately he has not suffered from depression although he recognises he still cannot work until he improves some more.

Him and his wife, took us to an outdoor swimming quarry in Bristol, but he did not swim and neither did I, we just chatted and watched everything, the people swimming up and down, going off the high board. It was a nice day.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2023, 10:08   #170752
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, lovely and sunny here in Devon, sat at the motocross track watching the fun.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 24th June 2023, 10:12   #170753
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Had a shower first thing but am wetter now than when I got out of the shower earlier!!! Hot, hot, hot and humid!
Old 24th June 2023, 10:16   #170754
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Richard, thank you. That is great news you have a date for the pacemaker and thank you for clarifying the dates. My op is 17 July at The Royal Free Hospital where I worked for nearly 20 years. I have been told to starve from midnight and to present myself for admission at 12:30pm and have the op in the afternoon.

Will you have your op under a general anaesthetic or will it be carried out whilst you are awake under a local? I am sure you will do well.

We are all rooting for you and hoping the operation will make you feel better and stronger.

I am hoping my friendly and highly skilled mechanic is going to be able to repair the loan car’s A/C which is useful during the Hay Fever and summer season, so if he can fit us in time before the operation, it will be a treat. Its compressor is defunct and a replacement is ready to go in.

Yesterday we met with the gentleman who had a bleed on his brain exactly 12 months ago and he had extensive brain surgery to stop the bleeding from spreading. A year on, he is unable to drive but his speech has returned and his mobility is improving every day. Fortunately he has not suffered from depression although he recognises he still cannot work until he improves some more.

Him and his wife, took us to an outdoor swimming quarry in Bristol, but he did not swim and neither did I, we just chatted and watched everything, the people swimming up and down, going off the high board. It was a nice day.
As far an aesthetic, I’m not sure alot about what is happening. I think my chest will be aesthetic to stop any pain while the insert the pacemaker and wire it to the heart, but I think I will find out the Monday 2 days before operation, but will let you know after I get home after the first appointment.
Old 24th June 2023, 11:29   #170755
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
As far an aesthetic, I’m not sure alot about what is happening. I think my chest will be aesthetic to stop any pain while the insert the pacemaker and wire it to the heart, but I think I will find out the Monday 2 days before operation, but will let you know after I get home after the first appointment.
Thank you Richard for keeping us updated. There will be someone in the club who has already had a pacemaker fitted or they are going to have one put in, so they will be following what you post up about it with interest. One of my friends worked as a pacing nurse in the community and he was given a motorcycle which had emergency lights to get him through traffic or into remote areas where cars could not go. His work involved visiting patients at home to monitor/ readjust the settings of the pacemaker when needed. A nice job if you liked getting out on the bike and working in the community.

Yes, please do keep us updated.
Old 24th June 2023, 11:35   #170756
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning one and all.

Another grey start to the day.

TV being delivered today, so need to do a bit of dusting.
Hi Bob, the smart TV I bought, its speakers are 2x3W, a disappointment so I am looking around for a sound bar to improve the quality of the sound. Everything else is on the TV but it is let down by the weak speakers. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Old 24th June 2023, 16:07   #170757
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Bob, the smart TV I bought, its speakers are 2x3W, a disappointment so I am looking around for a sound bar to improve the quality of the sound. Everything else is on the TV but it is let down by the weak speakers. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Hi Phil. The TV has delivered and installed by the team. I’m happy with the sound but might buy a sound bar.

Hope you and Jessica are well.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2023, 16:18   #170758
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Had a shower first thing but am wetter now than when I got out of the shower earlier!!! Hot, hot, hot and humid!

Gawd n Bennett the heat & humidity is horrendous today I watered the plants this morning & put new sisal rope on two cat scratch posts & then retreated indoors to sit in front of the fan & cold showers on the hour every hour.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2023, 16:25   #170759
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Well we’ve been to the Hoppings, or other wise known as the Town Moor, which is full of small kids ride and quite a few really fast rides, but too fast for me without feeling sick afterwards .
The last time I went which was the year before Covid became ripe with everyone being ill in the Uk and so many died too. They had quite a fast few rides and a Wall of Death by motorbikes, but it is not there this year and a lot of the rides were for young kids , and a fiver to park the car and the daughter and my wife went on some very fast rides and I never went on anything.So that’s my last time to go this year, it seems to have got a few of fast rides by only a few this year, so I’m not going next year.
Old 24th June 2023, 17:45   #170760
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Sorry but I'm getting pee'd off with this heat, plain don't like heat now. Ging had me making a plastic liner for a wooden garden planter, couldn't find anywhere in shade to do it, bordering on unbearable

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote