Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2007, 21:52   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default Mad Dogs and ......... yes I have been out in the Sun

Today I decided to fit the OEM Tow Bar I have had cluttering the Garage for a while to my CDT.

I was going to do a Howto but the Pictogram instructions it came with are so simple to follow there was no point

It came with dual electrics white and black sockets and a really nice touch the socket covers have the Rover emblem on them

The Job took a lot longer than I planned as I had to grind off the bolts holding the exhaust on as they were seized solid only to find I then had two captive nuts to deal with as a result I have not finished the wiring up yet as I was getting a bit too hot by mid afternoon (wasn't it a scorcher) so I went and spent the rest of the day in my easy chair by my pond watching the Ducks and the Dragonflies.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 21:58   #2
Alex30013k
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Conn Se

Were the Dragonflies giving each other lifts, I can remember sitting in my mum and dads boat on the River Medway when i was a bit younger and watching the old Dragonflies towing each other, Quite funny!

Alex30013k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 22:29   #3
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

At the moment they are too busy chasing each other around like mad things but yes later on in the year you do see some odd behaviour.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:45   #4
murphy180
Regular poster

MG ZT+ 180 Sports Auto

Waited for the sun to go around the house before washing my car in the shade. Even then I was melting. Once washed and dried I decide to give it a going over with the new autoglym polish that I picked up a few weeks ago. It is intended for darker coloured cars and promises no streaks. I've got to say that I am impressed. Imparticularly, the fact that it doesn't powder everywhere when dry like the original.
The car is now all clean and shiney, as for me, worn out!!
murphy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 00:28   #5
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

While sat in my swing chair today noticed a wasp size flying insect out of this world,,,,,

Metalic Firefrost red head area and metallic goodwood green body and tail.

Truly amazing colours

This is the closest I could find on the web but it wasn't quite this shape. This is called a cuckoo Bee
Great isn't it?

Any David Bellamy's out there for any clues as to what it was.

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block

Last edited by Jules; 10th June 2007 at 09:44..
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 08:53   #6
Alex30013k
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Conn Se

Nice, I dont think i would like to see one of them, lol
Alex30013k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 08:58   #7
WeeMan
Posted a thing or two

Mazda MX5, BMW 520i

:lol: Looks like Tim Westwoods pimped your bee, with a candy flip paint job, set of 2" antennae, lowered, and with a set of snazzy lambo style wings! lol
WeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 17:55   #8
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Golly, that bug is on something!

I finished off the wiring on the towbar. All very neat and the advantage of the official MGR system as it is virtually plug and play is that it properly integrates with the bulb monitoring circuit and does clever stuff like disble PDC when towing.

Alex I think you are thinking of Mayflies they fly around together can't say I have seen any Dragon flies doing the same though.
Old 11th June 2007, 08:15   #9
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

Keith, glad to see you got the towbar fitted- Arent they a good design .
Also the electrics kit is a doddle, the easiest one I have done ( once I got the correct link kit )

the only problem I found when fitting mine is there are no sizes for the bumper cut out, and no guidelines on the bumper- so had to guess, and erring on the side of caution, had more cutting to do once the bumper was fitted
black olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 08:56   #10
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Mine is the fixed Ball type Tow bar so no need to cut out the bottom of the bumper but there were marks on the inside of the bumper showing where to cut.

Personally although the bumper is only a plastic skin so does nothing from a safety point of view I remember seeing no end of broken Mondeo bumpers in the past where they had insufficient material at the centre which led to cracking so I think cutting ours out for the removable type might seriously weaken the bumper especially around the lower two fixing holes so I am quite happy with a fixed ball.

What it does not do which surprises me is bleep with the indicators I thought all modern tow bars incorporated an audible sounder.

One possible down side the ball is quite high certainly higher than my Picasso bar leaving my trailer pointing up a bit instead of nicely level not sure I would want to tow a caravan with it like that!

Right all I need now is a car trailer!