Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2015, 23:21   #51
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Supply and demand usually overcomes moral, I'll have 3.
PM me details please.
Old 27th December 2015, 23:25   #52
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Why.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
To a certain extent I agree with you, but if you decide to fit my Radio without charge, is that anyone's business other than yours and mine. Are your other customers going to complain that you charged them but not me?
So if Christopher (the club) decides to forgo his fee, whose business is that?
By all means tell a mod if someone is undermining your business, but threads like this just serve to make this forum appear to be a rather unfriendly place.
Why? It is quite simple. If you are selling things on here to make a profit you pay a trader subscription. It is not expensive, even the top level of traders fees.
I just don't understand what is unreasonable about that?
Christopher is not forgoing the fee if anybody doesn't pay a subscription. They are making a decision not to pay it. It is up to anyone who is selling for profit on here to sign up to a traders subscription even if only on a temporary basis.
Nobody is saying people can't sell things merely that they abide by the rules as we have to.
I just really don't see what the problem with this is. It costs less than £10!
The rest of the traders will welcome newcomers with open arms. They do.
So what exactly is controversial about this? I am afraid I don't see it.
Old 28th December 2015, 00:27   #53
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

I have had a couple of messages so thought I would reply. For me the issue was never trader or not.

To be honest it never crossed my mind that I had to, I never viewed it that I would make much money. The sale time would be so long the outlay was more than I paid for a couple of 75's, but that was not an issue. I had the money. I needed badges, he is a lovely guy to deal with and I thought they would be useful and cheap for members. He has sold majority of these things to dealers who are selling on ebay and via X-part, where these were going to go

It was the behavior (in my mind) by some members who seem to take great pleasure in just being confrontational. My replies were half read, I tried to explain even thought it was no-ones business that I paid more than was said.

I have no doubt that even if I was a trader that the thread in the caravan section would have been bought up and the sale thread would not have been left alone.

It was the way in which some jump on an issue, then just be pedantic when I mention the caravan thread when you knew that is what I meant. I just find, and have for a few months that some members take great joy in causing problems and bating on an issue.

I have emailed these who originally wanted the badges as I refunded them the money, if they want them still I will send them.

As I say I will just limit my activity on the forum. It is a great place but now I will participate at a distance rather then on an active basis.

Last edited by Dominic22; 28th December 2015 at 02:04..
Old 28th December 2015, 03:11   #54
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Dominic, I have to say this but on a quick overview of this thread your effort to provide an item that seems to be difficult to be obtained and that you have taken the chance to maximise on your investment onto the original purchase... The price may be a problem as you have posted the amount bought to what you paid (See the link at the bottom of this post). Some may see this as 'profiteering' without being a Trader. To my mind the fact that the info.. has been posted, would still raise the same issue ...

However the Club Rules (FAQ on the top bar of the forum pages) that is Rule 14 in general cover this sale. TBH Dominic, you were lucky enough to acquire this batch, and the members themselves can decide on how much they are willing to pay if they want to pay that much. So, I (as a member), say good luck to you on your sales, after all, there is no apparent other source at present.

If you are making a nice profit, as suggested in posts, then perhaps it would be an idea to become a basic Trader for a couple of months ? At least it would alleviate the assumed problem (and would be a little outlay) ?....

Let's face it, if a member sells on the Club's forums, they may very well make a small profit or supply to "market prices". (To red members -Would not you, if you were lucky enough to be in a position to be an "exclusive" supplier?) The fact that the OP was able to get the goods that are patently in 'demand' - And a one off..... Good Luck to him on his plunge and his initial £s outlay.... The issue the Mods have are those 'red members' who exploit their ability to sell on the forums......

With Dominics' history of selling threads, in the last 6 months, (Prior to that there was a burst of selling, but not what one would describe as requiring a Trader Status at the time),... They seem to be no more than some of the members who are also subscribed members However due to the opinions posted on this thread, it is an issue we are looking at..... (It is under current discussion by the Mods)

Dominic, as the OP, it is your right to request that the off topic posts be removed, you are entitled to do so (Including this post). PM a Mod that is on line and hopefully it will be done asap.

As said, (As a member, & TBH, as a Mod.) I have no problem with the OP in being in compliance with the Rules of the Club (in this instance - Subject to the Team's fiinal decision)

That is all.....

PS this thread has been closed...

I may be a Modrator, but I am Moderate

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 28th December 2015 at 04:15.. Reason: typo
Old 28th December 2015, 07:00   #55
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I always use the 'new posts' facility, so see all new threads plus all posts that have been added to all threads in all sections. Doesn't everybody?

After all, you don't have to read them all.

Old 29th December 2015, 00:09   #56
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

After PM exchanges with the OP this thread is now closed......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Closed Thread