Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th July 2008, 10:43   #11
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Keep the auto lock working. If you're worried about being locked inside after an accident, then the handbook says that the inertia switch that cuts off the engine and fuel supply also cuts off the autolock. ... I havent tried this yet though !
I always feel much safer when locked in, theres too many carjackers about .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 10:36   #12
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Only disadvantage is it works in reverse as well which is annoying on my long drive and it only works once for each ignition cycle which I find rather odd

On balance I have it turned off at the moment on one car and on on another but owning a T4 gives me the luxury of being able to turn these things on and off as I like

Why on on just one you may ask?
Easy all the door lock pins rattle when unlocked and I have yet to take them all off to deal with it so it was easier to enable speed locking for the time being

It is also supposed to unlock when you turn off the ignition but I don't remeber if mine did or not do it
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 12:01   #13
Departed
Retired

--

Just switched this feature ON on my car. Done the same on my Audi as well.
On my '00 model, the doors don't unlock on ignition off, I have to press the unlock button. On the Audi, they unlock when you take the key out.

The fact I've just enabled it two of my cars shows I think you want it ON. Never had a situation where it was needed, but don't want there to be a first time!
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 12:17   #14
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

AFAIK the 75 and ZT speed locking option does not unlock on ignition switch off. Certainly does not on any that I have been in or driven.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 14:41   #15
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Speed related locking
The BCU controls a speed related locking function using a speed signal originated from the ABS system. The speed
related locking function is set to off at the factory but can be configured to on by the dealer using TestBook.
The BCU will automatically CDL lock all doors when the vehicle speed exceeds 2.5 mph (4 km/h). This function will
only operate once per ignition cycle. Once locked, the doors can be unlocked using the master locking switch, after
which they will not lock again until the BCU senses the ignition is turned off and then on again. When speed related
locking is functional, an automatic unlock feature will unlock all the doors when the ignition is turned off. On vehicles
with automatic gearbox, the selector lever must be in the 'PARK' position before the doors will unlock. The speed
related locking feature is market programmable.

Note to self must remember the contents of a certain CD are not always to be believed

Thinks, otoh, this might be country specific safety requirement?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote