Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th June 2019, 19:18   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
It becomes a problem for those living around you if you have three vehicles but parking space for only one. This is a widespread problem in cities leading to antisocial behaviour.

In terms of proposed solutions, I have many that address the short-term and others addressing the long-term. These range from exponentially increasing taxes for multi-car households without private parking spaces to licence to have more than one child per household.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
you made a blanket statement which I hope you can now see is inappropriate. I park both my cars and my bike on the drive or in the garage but even if i parked them on the road, your solution to limit to 1 child is too late, I have two. How does increasing tax help my children engage in sport particularly if I am on minimum wage.

With more and more households having a car per person they have greater freedom to travel. Out of town and in some areas Public transport is not yet at the stage where the car is not a viable option.

I don't know the solution but I would like to see if it is feasible, for those living and working in the same town or city to viably use public transport instead of a car. Thousands of people travel into town by public transport.

macafee2

You can only have one vehicle registered to your name.

For multiple children, you will have to 'buy' a 'child pass' from a person who will not use theirs (I will sell mine lol). If that person subsequently decides to have a child, then they will have to buy another's child pass. 'Accidents' will always happen, but these people will still have to buy a child pass, or give up for adoption for someone to use their 'child pass' when they may not have the opportunity. (I know that is a little naive, but the details could be worked out by someone who cared for I dont really lol. I actually block in those who take up two spaces, for one car outside my house - though if two cars are there, well that is just my loss)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote