Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2018, 20:54   #31
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
I talk to a lot of Tesco drivers, IF they come to my store and all say the same thing its really bad at the distribution centres. 90% of the time I get contractor drivers and most of the time they a waist of space and money BUT the odd ones are fantastic. Last night I had 2 drivers on the same truck that between then took 17 times to back onto my loading bay. When I explained that I was on my own and could I have some support there English was nonexistant until it was time for them to go and the Queens English was free flowing.
Been delivering to Tesco for over 30 years, way back the canteen was open to drivers (and it needed to be it was unusual for the wait to be less than 3 hours more than often 5 hours plus) now we have to sit in a soulless room with a tv and a coffee machine no access to a proper meal regardless of the time spent there. I along with many drivers are not admirers of Tosco and will only enter their stores reluctantly.
That said the German discounters expect the drivers to tip their own loads and offer little in the way of hospitality, but the turnaround is normally decent.
As for the type of driver you mention 'me no speak english' is used as a get out clause, not on if you ask me.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 21:45   #32
munroman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetty View Post
Been delivering to Tesco for over 30 years, way back the canteen was open to drivers (and it needed to be it was unusual for the wait to be less than 3 hours more than often 5 hours plus) now we have to sit in a soulless room with a tv and a coffee machine no access to a proper meal regardless of the time spent there. I along with many drivers are not admirers of Tosco and will only enter their stores reluctantly.
That said the German discounters expect the drivers to tip their own loads and offer little in the way of hospitality, but the turnaround is normally decent.
As for the type of driver you mention 'me no speak english' is used as a get out clause, not on if you ask me.
At a former company, my forklift guy on nightshift said he thought a recently arrived French artic had hit the canopy over the door, sure enough there was a lorry width dent in the metal.
The lorry was across the yard, but the cab light was on.
I knocked, and when the driver came to the window, I pointed to the damage, but got a shrug, and no speak English answer.
I launched into a tirade in French, I was just back from 2 weeks in France, and dealt with French Customers, threatening to call the police, as there was paint matching the lorry on the dent.

Suddenly our driver could speak English, confessed all, and I believe the damage bill was settled quickly.....
munroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 18:47   #33
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...id=HPCOMMDHP15

Tesco has shot its self again. When my night team go that extra mile, I buy them a free meal. You should see some of there portions, some of then put so much food on there plate it cant fit lol. For some of my team this is there only main meal of the whole day.
Old 11th March 2018, 19:41   #34
munroman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...id=HPCOMMDHP15

Tesco has shot its self again. When my night team go that extra mile, I buy them a free meal. You should see some of there portions, some of then put so much food on there plate it cant fit lol. For some of my team this is there only main meal of the whole day.
Sometimes it would be better to do nothing, rather than make an insulting gesture like that.
I'm sure the staff will be even more motivated if a similar event happens in future.
munroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 08:10   #35
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Our individual experiences and knowledge of Tesco will vary greatly, and even some of the employees will not always have the same correct knowledge as maybe some outsiders.

I use Tesco for most of my shopping, but I do shop, judging pricing, quality and longevity.

I attended a very large Tesco at Newmarket on Sunday at 10.30a.m., the car park was full and the store was heaving with customers. I found the specific items I wanted at prices I was happy to pay and was served by one of the most polite and efficient young staff members I've ever come across.

Shopping around (as I have the opportunities) I don't feel ripped off, but I still wonder what the producer gets out of it - the price of milk is still incredibly low, and if I had a bigger freezer I would have bought ten of those chickens at £2.25.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote