Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th June 2020, 10:57   #1
Andy Fax
Regular poster

75 Tourer x 2, 75 Saloon & Moonshine ZTT

Default Thoughts on this beauty?

Spotted this on fb the other day...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...28940050992585

Nice looking white 2001 Y reg with burgundy leather interior. Just not sure it's worth £1,750

The last MOT had this:
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Rear Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Manufactures body under trays fitted restricting inspection of components

Seller's description
in excellent condition no rust or scratches runs fine being a bmw cdt very rare car in old english white with burgundy red leather , clutch pedal a little high but been like this a few years car drives A1 and no issues changing gear or any problems long mot , cars 1750 no offers

Anyone any thoughts? I'm in two minds as Llanelli is a bit of a trek from Halifax.
Andy Fax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 11:27   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

That interior is a personal line interior. Very desirable and superior quality. Absolutely love sitting in a 75 with a personal line interior, the smell of the leather and the soft feel of the better quality leather used.

That one being a Y reg will be a pre project drive car so much better quality. Having driven quite a few pre-project drive cars and later models, the pre-project drive ones definitely feel much better to drive. They have more of a solid heavier feel to them, whereas the project drive cars feel a bit tinny would probably be the best way to describe it.

Not a fan of white 75's, but they are quite rare.

However going by the MOT history, there is a lot of failures or advisories on corrosion over the years. First report was in April 2007 of corroded brake pipes at only 59k miles, corroded brake pipes is becomong common on higher mileage cars but wouldn't expect to see it at 59k miles when the car was 6 years old.

It's had rear subframe corrosion reported as an advisory a few times since July 2013. Advisory on underside corroding since June 2014.

The one that worries me is when it failed on excessive corrosion on seat belt anchors, never heard of that on a 75 or zt before. All seems to have been fixed but these failures sounds like there must be a lot of corrosion on the underside.

A car that has failures for stupid basic things like bulbs being blown, tyre tread being too low or windscreen wash being low like this car has always puts me off. If the owner/owners couldn't maintain simple things especially in prep for a MOT then can't imagine it's well looked after.

Best to take a look at it's MOT history online if you haven't already.

If viewing I would take a good look at the underside, particularly the rear subframe and sills.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 11:40   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I agree entirely with Rick, this looks to be an unloved car, and apart from the trim, it has little to offer other than headaches and expense.

Look at it this way........it's a 19 year old diesel, with lot's of rust, a short MOT and an end of life clutch.

Maximum I'd pay for that, is £200, and that would be solely to raid the interior

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 09:18   #4
Andy Fax
Regular poster

75 Tourer x 2, 75 Saloon & Moonshine ZTT

Thanks for replying. I knew it was a bad idea, but sometimes I just need someone else to agree and the wife was no help!
Andy Fax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 20:49   #5
donc
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Seller states automatic transmission and high clutch pedal???
donc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 20:55   #6
mark-h
Regular poster

MG ZT 190, ROVER 75, MG ZS

I was considering this myself im not too far away. only because of the interior spec. but with its MOT history i think it was a bit expensive id want it for under 1000 as there is at least £250 to spend on parts rebuilding the rear suspension
mark-h is offline   Reply With Quote