Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th June 2020, 10:04   #11
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Depends whether you've got the Mk1 or Mk2 as well, having had a Mk1 and now a Mk2 I prefer the later set up which is firm but without the filing rattling of the Mk1.

Mind you, I used to have a 218VVC coupe and that was lovely on a smooth road but on rough surfaces that could also shake you fillings at times.
My ZTs are both Mk1 - didn't realise that the facelifts were a different ride, although my diesel ZT is a harder ride than its V6 ZT brother.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 10:07   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Early zts had harder suspension, the softer suspension was introduced quite early into the mk1 run, the harder springs were left as an option if anyone wanted to order them.
Old 5th June 2020, 11:37   #13
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
I am genuinely pretty amazed by how good the handling is. I was expecting a heavy barge, but this thing is nimble with tons of feel and grip.

It has a certain something about it which I am really enjoying. I actually wish I had driven a ZT sooner than I have. Very impressed so far.
Get the Kmaps 200 remap and you will be truly amazed.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 12:38   #14
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Early zts had harder suspension, the softer suspension was introduced quite early into the mk1 run, the harder springs were left as an option if anyone wanted to order them.
Both of mine are 03 plates - the monogram got the harder suspension, along with virtually every other extra so I reckon he just ticked all boxes! Glad he missed the sunroof !
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 16:35   #15
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

My 3rd ZT was a 54plate and had the "sports suspension" it was noticeably harder than the previous ones.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 19:33   #16
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Get the Kmaps 200 remap and you will be truly amazed.
I will be looking into this once I’ve had the car for a little while. With it being a ‘new to me’ car I want make sure there are no niggles to address first.

My ZR is ZandF or Kamps as they are called now mapped. It was worthwhile, but as I understand turbo engines are even more beneficial to mapping. I certainly am interested in having it done.

I notice yours is the 59th ZT-T 1.8T built. Mine happens to be the 60th
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 19:40   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:

Brilliant
Old 6th June 2020, 11:23   #18
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
I will be looking into this once I’ve had the car for a little while. With it being a ‘new to me’ car I want make sure there are no niggles to address first.

My ZR is ZandF or Kamps as they are called now mapped. It was worthwhile, but as I understand turbo engines are even more beneficial to mapping. I certainly am interested in having it done.

Yes our cars are Tourer Turbo "poverty spec" the higher spec is the ZTT 1.8T +
- keep a keen eye on your coolant level - i would swop out the plastic coolant t-piece (top left behind the radiator) for a metal t-piece a classic failure point if not already done - i would also advise to swop out the MGR rubber coolant hose for Silicone hose - and if you have the time and inclination swop the plastic inlet manifold for a metal one . Finally make sure your slow speed fan is working - use the Demist Test (search the site ) - if not working it will be a failed resistor on the front of the fan as you look at it - if its the original silver resistor replace with the upgraded gold resistor.

Would highly recommend the Kmaps remap - the engine was built for 200bhp but was limited by MGR/BMW in the factory so as not to compete with the KV6/190 or the equivalent BMW offering.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.

Last edited by Yorkshire GOC; 6th June 2020 at 11:27..
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 11:45   #19
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Yes our cars are Tourer Turbo "poverty spec" the higher spec is the ZTT 1.8T +
- keep a keen eye on your coolant level - i would swop out the plastic coolant t-piece (top left behind the radiator) for a metal t-piece a classic failure point if not already done - i would also advise to swop out the MGR rubber coolant hose for Silicone hose - and if you have the time and inclination swop the plastic inlet manifold for a metal one . Finally make sure your slow speed fan is working - use the Demist Test (search the site ) - if not working it will be a failed resistor on the front of the fan as you look at it - if its the original silver resistor replace with the upgraded gold resistor.

Would highly recommend the Kmaps remap - the engine was built for 200bhp but was limited by MGR/BMW in the factory so as not to compete with the KV6/190 or the equivalent BMW offering.
Thanks for the tips! I’m no stranger to keeping an eye on fluids. Having owned my ZR 1.8 for sixteen years, it’s second nature

My car already has a metal inlet manifold, I just assumed this was standard on the turbo? Apparently not, it must have been upgraded. The car has many receipts for lots of work in it’s life some of which was just in the last couple of years. It seems to have been pretty well cared for.

I will however take a look at the T piece and perform the resistor check. That’s really useful info thank you.
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 13:06   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

If it helps my 1.8t+ ZT is on 209,800 miles. Has had the Z & F re-map plus a ported head. When she behaves, has a few electrical glitches, I can get 42 mpg on a good run.

She is still around due to the advice and help that I have received from this forum. I have also met, and made, some amazing friends all due to this club.

MarinaBrian is the guru you need to meet. Plus plenty of traders with cracking deals.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote