Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2023, 07:05   #181
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Hi Simon and Xsport,

The water pump was changed together with the TB and other parts back then when I started this thread. As stated, the old one was fine but replaced anyway. As you might find through this thread, I made a doubt about the water pump 5-6 years ago as I had a slight water leak at the TB side, but it disappeared. There have been a tiny coolant loss since, but never shown up until it suddenly started to be major when I took the car out off storage this summer. Now it drips quite often at the bottom of the lower timing belt cover when the system is pressurised. No doubt that this is the water pump. The V is bone dry. I guess the storage is no good for this maybe? The car has only done 125000miles with this waterpump. The plan was to wait a few more years to do the belts, but no good idea to take the WP only when in there anyway. I have a new "Airtex" waterpump in box laying around, which was bought back when I suspected the WP 5-6 years ago.
I kind of frustrating this situation, but what to do? Its just to order parts and pull up the sleeves and start this task Procedure is at least well known and tooling ready.
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2023, 10:53   #182
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

OK... Here we go again

Parts ordered from LRDirect. Belts, bolts and camshaft seals + valve cover gasket

Started to remove the battery box, air filter and upper inlet manifold. Those two bolts on the back of the inlet manifold was not an easy reach. Had to remove the ignition coil in the rear center to get access to one of the bolts and also the bulkhead plate. Could not remember it was that hard.
Also removed the cover over one of the rear timing belts. The belt still looks new...

I have a slight oil leak at that end of the cylinder head. seems to be from either the valve cover gasket or camshaft seals. I have decided to renew the camshaft seals at the gearbox side this time, which will include removal of both camshaft sprockets on that side. Last time I only removed the inlet sprocket to replace the belt. For the exhaust sprocket, I will need some kind of special tooling to keep this one stationary while doing the centre bolt. Measurements taken and a socket with lugs made to fit into the grooves in the sprocket:

Now I have to wait for the wheater to continue to take apart the components at the other side.
Old 5th July 2023, 06:49   #183
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Getting there. Long time, a bit more grey hairs, but back in behind the TB covers. My tipex marks are still there and no need to make new ones :

TB and WP removed. New WP installed. Old WP looks fine. A very tiny play in the shaft, but think this is normal. Just sad it leaks. Cant see any other places where a leak can develop from inside the cambelt covers/housing.
Parts will hopefully arrive today, so then able to proceed putting thing back on on the TB side.

Just a pick of the engine support while the RH engine mount is removed:

Old 10th July 2023, 12:28   #184
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

All back in place now! 3x new belts, new rear camshaft seals and ned valve cover gasket on front bank. No leaks from the new WP. Happy with this one so far. Belts I got has production year 21 and 22, so guess that can be called fresh?