Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2017, 09:00   #1
fv43576

None

Default Looking for 75 with Cruise Control on Club SE?

Hi everyone I am new of this forum, my old Rover SLi 1.4 1994, the engine it was so brilliant on reliability, it is fine to continue with 277,789 miles on the clock but sadly it have to be scrap because of awful body corrosion on chassis, roof and on door edge. Unfortunately it failed the MOT it said not road worthing now because of chassis is full of hole, it can be restoring but it will cost more. I am decide to replace it for a Rover 75 diesel engine, I am prefer to chose the range is Club SE without electric seat adjustment and no climate control. The issue is they do not have a cruise control, would it be possible to retrofit cruise control? Sorry I could not find on other thread for helpful about fitting a Cruise control.

I have two question, the engine how do I know if it is the 114bhp or 135bhp?
and other question is if the I have any fault warning lights on dashboard, do this Rover have a diagnostic computer software that I can purchase to reset it?

Thanks
fv43576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 10:02   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Fab. Welcome to the club. Your first question, how do you know if it is 114 or 135 BHP ? I believe that some 135's have a sticker on the body where the door shut is, drivers side. Your second question, there is a diagnostic socket below the steering wheel , black in colour with 16 pins in it. Their are gurus in the club that have T4 diagnostic machines who can find out anything that is wrong with the electric running systems of the car.Hope this points you in the right direction.
Old 9th February 2017, 10:11   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Are we talking about an actual car or one you want to find?

Mine is officially a 2003 Club SE (but with climate control) and I found I had all the wiring for heated electric seats/cruise control/traction control etc tucked away behind the dash. It's worth prising off the rectangular cover above the ash tray to see what connectors might be there. The car might not have various other bits of the cruise control system but having the wiring in place makes life much simpler!
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 10:19   #4
fv43576

None

Thanks! very helpful!
fv43576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 19:51   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

forgive me for asking but why no climate control?

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 21:22   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
forgive me for asking but why no climate control?

macafee2
I suspect he wants an ergonomic control panel that does not require you to take your eyes from the road to adjust the controls, in fact one just like his 414 he is wishing to replace

In reply to the original poster, normally the presence of heated electrical seat wiring which looks like the black connector in the far left of this picture means the cruise wiring is likely to be included in the car loom

A further check can be made by lowering the cigar lighter door, and unclipping the switch panel cover to see if the cruise master switch wiring is bundled up in a grey anti rattle light grey plastazote foam covering.

If all that is there, then cruise can be easily retrofitted

One word of advice is this, do not be wowed simply by the stylish looks of the 75.

These are complex cars, far more complex than the one you are replacing, and the build quality, trim especially is nowhere near as good as the R8.

Having said that, they excel at one thing in particular, and that is the munching of motorway miles, and I suspect you do quite a lot of that given you are interested in cruise control

Best of luck in your search

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 01:35   #7
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote