Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2019, 17:25   #71
Aml75

None

Default Thanks

Would also like to say thanks to Stuart and all club members for making a non owner welcome. Great show and location.. Thks
Aml75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 17:40   #72
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Stuart May we add our Thanks to you for giving up your time in settting our gathering up, although it was cold it didn’t put us off, met up with old friends and met new ones, the food was very good and plentiful and well organised.

All the cars that attended were a credit too everyone.

Not many people would know this but after everyone left Marinabrian stayed beghind and diagnosed what might have been wrong with my car kicking out clouds of blue smoke on startup, initially it was thought to be injectors, so he took the engine cover off and discovered an up grade that was piggy backed to the injectors, at that time according to the info on his T4 they were jumping all over the place and the engine would miss every now and again.
We took it out for a run to warm the engine up and the read outs for the injectors were all running within their proper tolerances, suspecting the fitted upgrade was causing the initial blue smoke.
Marinas suggestion is to use Forte injection cleaner in the fuel filter run for forty odd seconds and leave over night, There was a very slight misting on the intercooler pipe and will need need new o rings fitted not looking forward to that job because It will be a bumper off task.

Take the EGR off and give it a good clean.

And most of all I can’t thank him enough for staying behind and helping me out,
He didn’t start for home until six o clock.
Brian if you read this you are credit to the club you didn’t have to help but you did, and I Sincerely thankyou for your expertise.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 18:18   #73
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

And another wave of Brians magic wand to the rescue

Jules, you don't need to remove the bumper to do the O rings, you can access them from inside the engine bay.
Old 14th April 2019, 18:20   #74
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

You can do the o rings without taking the bumper off Jules
Old 14th April 2019, 19:01   #75
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

A few from todayDSC_0354.jpgDSC_0356.jpgDSC_0363.jpgDSC_0369.jpgDSC_0373.jpgDSC_0372.jpgDSC_0382.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 19:04   #76
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

A few moreDSC_0385.jpgDSC_0384.jpgDSC_0386.jpgDSC_0377.jpgDSC_0389.jpgIMG_20190414_121919.jpgIMG_20190414_121828.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 19:05   #77
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Hi Stu,On behalf of Jan & Myself,may we pass on our sincere thanks to you for all the arrangements,time & dedication you put into meets such as today at Walworth Castle,

Another memorable day spent in great company,superb venue,fantastic food & meeting up with old Friends some of which we had not seen for quite some time,we thoroughly enjoyed the day,the icing on the cake being voted second in the 75 category,may we both say a big thank you to all who voted for old 'Bluey' & yourself for providing the trophies.

Many thanks again Stu & to all who attended for making this yet another superb meet,we look forward to meeting up with you & everyone at the Durham MG Meet on the 12th of May.

John & Jan.
Old 14th April 2019, 19:15   #78
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

First off I must thank Stu for organising this meet, and the many others he makes happen, there is much more that goes on behind the scenes than meets the eye, so

And secondly for everyone who turned up today, it was very pleasant to look at the topside of a Rover or two, rather than lying under one fixing it

It's always good to catch up with friends old and new, wax lyrical about things, and generally relax

I was also shocked and genuinely humbled by being chosen for one of Stu's prestigious awards, I've never won anything at a car show since the early 1990's when I was still regularly driving BL tin.

Here's to the next one, I'm looking forward to it already

Brian

P.S. Thanks to RPWC for lunch !!!!
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 19:28   #79
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
And another wave of Brians magic wand to the rescue

Jules, you don't need to remove the bumper to do the O rings, you can access them from inside the engine bay.
Oh my god what should I do now???

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 19:37   #80
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
First off I must thank Stu for organising this meet, and the many others he makes happen, there is much more that goes on behind the scenes than meets the eye, so

And secondly for everyone who turned up today, it was very pleasant to look at the topside of a Rover or two, rather than lying under one fixing it

It's always good to catch up with friends old and new, wax lyrical about things, and generally relax

I was also shocked and genuinely humbled by being chosen for one of Stu's prestigious awards, I've never won anything at a car show since the early 1990's when I was still regularly driving BL tin.

Here's to the next one, I'm looking forward to it already

Brian

P.S. Thanks to RPWC for lunch !!!!
Least I can do Brian, after all the things you-ve done for me during my Rover ownership. I always try to return a good turn or help when anyone goes out of their way to help me.
Hmmm 216 auto? Now there's a thought.