Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th June 2019, 13:52   #51
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I bet he thinks of it as something like the IRS .....

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 17:33   #52
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
Oh, I am so glad you raised the recent EU Elections!

There are several ways to make plausible comparisons. The simplest is to compare the Brexit party’s 5.2m votes across the UK with the “Bollocks to Brexit” Lib Dems and the pro-remain Greens, who attracted 3.4m and 2m. Taken together, they come out 142,000 votes higher at 5.4m.

A second method is to take all the pro-Brexit parties – Farage’s party, Ukip and the DUP – and compare that against the pro-remain parties, taking in Change UK and Scottish, Welsh and Irish nationalists. That gives you 5.9 million voting unambiguously pro-Brexit and 6.8 million voting for remain parties, including 884,000 from the SNP, Plaid, Sinn Fein and the Alliance Party in Northern Ireland.
Irrelevant.

What people are failing to realise is in the next GE there will be at LEAST 4 parties splitting the remain vote, with leavers only really having to vote for just one (UKIP aren't much of a force anymore)

Which means they'll continue to do badly.
Old 7th June 2019, 11:05   #53
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Didn't see that interview but did see Morgan on Question Time. Don't tell anyone, I'd hate to get called out as a fan of Morgan, but have to say he was an absolute star. Easily the best on the panel. By best I mean frank, forthright, measured and non-deflecting.
Old 7th June 2019, 12:48   #54
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

In the interests of balance, the rest of the programme was as predictable as ever with Madame the Chair intervening on her own behalf and panellists too erring on the self obsessed.

On the other hand the This Week that followed was full of school boy fun. Thank Andrew for the levity as usual. We even gratefully received two words which were at best unexpected.

The first, in a reference to the split of Change UK which described their recent, some might say happy upheaval, was a ClusterChuka. I kid you not.

The second, forgive me for skipping the context - there are lawyers everywhere - was Rohypnol. First time ever I've heard that word on a show of this type. I hope it doesn't fall foul of our profanity censor. I'm still laughing.

And, I must say, commendations to our mods for their forbearance and unending, I hope, patience in allowing adult (in the general sense) progress on this excellent thread.
Old 7th June 2019, 13:18   #55
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I rarely watch QT. Didn't last night but I am always impressed by those who do not hail from Westminster. No sound bit nonesense just genuine opinions etc. Refreshing change
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 17:52   #56
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Nice bit of detail, mobile in hand. I'm surprised there isn't a cake of that balloon, I wonder what flavour it would be?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 18:26   #57
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Trump Gateau.

A large squirt of bluster, a sprinkle of acidic spice, a spoonful of false pepper, and a burst of aromatic lacquer. Plenty of lard.

Stirred with a greedy spoon and left on a low burner for quite a long time until the edges turn orange.

Do not pierce with a sharp object, embarrassing noises are likely to disappoint. Indigestion may follow if swallowed.

If so, seek immediate medical advice. Preferably NHS. Free. Currently – that’s not an ingredient of the cake.
Old 7th June 2019, 20:56   #58
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
I rarely watch QT. Didn't last night but I am always impressed by those who do not hail from Westminster. No sound bit nonesense just genuine opinions etc. Refreshing change
A general comment and I must be careful not to incite so that the thread is immediately closed. I watched it this evening on “catchup” on the internet using a VPN. It was most telling when Fiona Bruce asked the audience to raise their hands if any of them were conservatives. Only 3 hands went up. Of the 3, one spoke up to tell how ashamed the conservatives should be for the mess they had created around Brexit. He had some looks of disapproval, but no one shouted him down. Surely there must have been more than 3 conservatives in the audience.....
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 15:33   #59
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Watched an old episode of Foyle's War last night. It was based on time at the end of the war.
Couple of things i picked up on.
American business man saying to Foyle. " Germany going to war was inevitable if you bankrupt a country,it will in time fight back."
American business man to British business man," I will be having a meeting with the Shah of Iran next week,to get him to allow you to get control of his oil fields,we must do all we can together to keep Stalin away from Iran's oil."
I know it's only a television (play),but 75 yrs later nothing has changed.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 17:53   #60
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Not forgetting that prior to Word War 2, in the 1920s and 30s, the USA was plotting war against Great Britain under "War Plan Red".
Although jealous of the British Empire, they decided to join us when Hitler became a bigger threat to world power.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote