Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2019, 09:16   #71
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
What a sad person you are. Seems your only pursuit in life is to seek approval through your posts on this person.

ranthoneous - a contentious person who is underknowledged in a field he thinks he is an expert in and will fly into angry rants when his incorrect statements are corrected by those who are actually experts or at least well versed in the field.

saves you looking it up (which you will undoubtedly do!)
I have to say I did have to look it up as it is not a word I have come across before.

I’m really pleased you described me thus.

I’ve just printed off your “rant” and put it on the noticeboard so we can all have a laugh

I think I might add it to my c.v.

Edit-

I’ve just found the “quote” you have used and as I suspected - it is not an official quotation but one that appeared on Twitter by a chap called Tino Rodreguez.

1:54pm Jan 23 2018

As I suspected - Too many Tweets make a Tw@t

Last edited by Darcydog; 28th June 2019 at 10:34..
Old 28th June 2019, 09:37   #72
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Just out of interest everyone on this post

Do you find this comment offensive....

Sadly tho - we have governments that listen to 16 year old children with Aspergers Syndrome and set their policies by that influence rather than reality and common sense.

I don't find it offensive, inaccurate yes but not offensive. Not to me anyway.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 28th June 2019, 09:47   #73
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Maninder, as a retiree and apart from Euthanasia, whats your government going to do for the pensioners, how will they win their vote for the next election?

Good morning Phil, I take it that one is now off the ignore list?

It appears you may have missed the relevant part of our manifesto. Voting right and counting weight per vote will be inversely proportional to voter age between 16 and 70, having become zero by the age of 70 the proposed pension age.

Currently, we retirees and in particular pensioners have far too much influence on policy compared with say 16-18 year olds who have a far bigger stake in the impact of policies.

Retirement should be about a simple lifestyle, reflecting on the good that the retiree has done in life, instead of round-the-world cruises and other expensive indulgences (other than the few reckless years doumented as part of "the offer".

We have a viable solution for most scenarios - just waiting for society to catch-up.

P.S. We recently went out to a mid-to-upper range restaurant in Bury St Edmunds for a family meal, having combined the key birthday celebrations for my daughter and son. I could not help but notice that apart form my two teenagers, the wife and I were the youngest people in the restaurant which was completely full. It struck me that we the older generation are on a rather selfish trip whilst many of the younger generation are struggling with the basics in life.

Last edited by MSS; 28th June 2019 at 09:59..
Old 28th June 2019, 10:08   #74
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Good morning Phil, I take it that one is now off the ignore list?

It appears you may have missed the relevant part of our manifesto. Voting right and counting weight per vote will be inversely proportional to voter age between 16 and 70, having become zero by the age of 70 the proposed pension age.

Currently, we retirees have far too much influence on policy compared with say 16-18 year olds who have a far bigger stake in the impact of policies.

Retirement should be about a simple lifestyle, reflecting on the good that the retiree has done in life, instead of round-the-world cruises and other expensive indulgences (other than the few reckless years doumented as part of "the offer".

We have a viable solution for most scenarios - just waiting for society to catch-up.

P.S. We recently went out to a mid-to-upper range restaurant in Bury St Edmunds for a family meal, having combined the key birthday celebrations for my daughter and son. I could not help but notice that apart form my two teenagers, the wife and I were the youngest people in the restaurant which was completely full. It struck me that we the older generation are on a rather selfish trip whilst many of the younger generation are struggling with the basics in life.
I certainly agree that the young get a poor deal at the moment. But I fail to see how stopping those who have accrued wealth for their later years from doing what they want to do with their money is going to help?

The more that is spent in the economy the more filters down to those who need an income.

One of the issues today is how difficult it is to get a mortgage. One of my sons friends is a qualified electrician, earning about £30k a year but has been in rented accommodation for years.

He and his partner pay over £1000 a month.

My son pays about £700 a month for his mortgage.

By paying £1000 a month in rent there is no chance to build up a deposit. Plus Lenders tell this chap that on his income according to FCA Guidance- he can not afford a mortgage.

Despite the fact that he can and does afford to pay his rent each month and has done for years.

We insisted both of our sons, if they stayed at home in their early working years saved and saved and saved. If they didn’t - we would charge them rent.

It worked and both now own their own home - subject to mortgage payment of course!

I believe this is where the older generation could an should help the younger. Via family initially and maybe some sort of crowd funding where the security would be the bricks and mortar?

It would also require a more realistic and sensible Stress Test than that which the FCA requires lenders to apply now.
Old 28th June 2019, 10:10   #75
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I’ve just re-read what I wrote on another thread - I see no issue with it at all.

It is clearly a criticism of Government rather than anyone with a medical condition.

I am happy with what I said and I am happy for Nick to repeat it here. Even if the motivation is highly dubious.

Clive, suspecting agent provocateur activity, I have missed all of the foregoing. Reference to 'ignore lists' and the like confirm my fears. Such a shame. Amongst the hyperbole, evident on here for those who thrive on such delights, I'm afraid I can't find the allegedly offending post. Even so, it seems to me that context, as ever, is of no small importance. Would you be so kind as to help with a link? Thanks.
Old 28th June 2019, 10:18   #76
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

heres the link....

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ht=ULEZ&page=3
Old 28th June 2019, 10:18   #77
Darcydog
This is my second home

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Clive, suspecting agent provocateur activity, I have missed all of the foregoing. Reference to 'ignore lists' and the like confirm my fears. Such a shame. Amongst the hyperbole, evident on here for those who thrive on such delights, I'm afraid I can't find the allegedly offending post. Even so, it seems to me that context, as ever, is of no small importance. Would you be so kind as to help with a link? Thanks.
Topman quotes it in post 72 Wraymond.

As you say the context is tortured - as is logic

Just proves the point that if someone who is determined to be offended - they will undoubtably succeed.

You will see that any offence is manufactured and the truth is I got bored with the thread and didn’t go back to it.

Bit of a laugh then that my accused believed I “would have the last word”.

By default - I didn’t LOL!!!!

Last edited by Darcydog; 28th June 2019 at 10:24.. Reason: Update
Old 28th June 2019, 10:20   #78
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Complete tool.
Old 28th June 2019, 10:36   #79
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Complete tool.
In contrast I would suggest you have something missing...
Old 28th June 2019, 10:46   #80
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

For the sake of balance here is another members comment on the offending post

It’s not an insensitive statement it’s an ignorant and bigoted statement.

It’s also about as far from reality as you can get.

One of the traits of people with Asperger’s Syndrome or autism can be an unparalleled level of understanding and detail on a subject so if you found someone with Asperger’s Syndrome utterly interested in emissions regulation and the associated tax it would be a work of art, they are very far from the stereotype that they are thick that belongs back in the 70’s.
Closed Thread