Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2019, 10:59   #81
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Just out of interest everyone on this post

Do you find this comment offensive....

Sadly tho - we have governments that listen to 16 year old children with Aspergers Syndrome and set their policies by that influence rather than reality and common sense.

I did not find the comment offensive in this case. Just distasteful and contemptible.

Had it been made by a reasonable person, with a degree of empathy towards others, I would have found it highly offensive.

As it is, it is just typical of the poster in question. In fact, I am surprised that the description did not includes words such as "Neanderthal", "Idiot" and "Green Taliban".
Old 28th June 2019, 11:08   #82
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
For the sake of balance here is another members comment on the offending post

It’s not an insensitive statement it’s an ignorant and bigoted statement.

It’s also about as far from reality as you can get.

One of the traits of people with Asperger’s Syndrome or autism can be an unparalleled level of understanding and detail on a subject so if you found someone with Asperger’s Syndrome utterly interested in emissions regulation and the associated tax it would be a work of art, they are very far from the stereotype that they are thick that belongs back in the 70’s.
And I agree with the third para - tho obviously not the first two sentences. Regardless of this poor girls medical condition- she has been manipulated by her parents who are on a mission.

My thoughts are that what you say about the special abilities of autistic people and those within the Aspergers spectrum is true - where this poor girl is being manipulated is by her parents who cynicaly use this.

If she was just any ordinary 16 year old - our old fridge magnet would apply - it says:-

“Teenagers please leave home now whilst you still know everything”

Whilst this 16 year old is focusing on Climate Change - 16 year olds where I live are looking forward to a long hot summer, a package trip abroad and getting their driving licence as soon as they can.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:12   #83
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
And I agree with the third para - tho obviously not the first two sentences. Regardless of this poor girls medical condition- she has been manipulated by her parents who are on a mission.

My thoughts are that what you say about the special abilities of autistic people and those within the Aspergers spectrum is true - where this poor girl is being manipulated is by her parents who cynicaly use this.

If she was just any ordinary 16 year old - our old fridge magnet would apply - it says:-

“Teenagers please leave home now whilst you still know everything”

Whilst this 16 year old is focusing on Climate Change - 16 year olds where I live are looking forward to a long hot summer, a package trip abroad and getting their driving licence as soon as they can.
Of course you won't agree with the first 2 sentences because you are pathologically incapable of accepting any view contrary to your own. Get a life sonny jim because the one you have at the moment is very sad indeed
Old 28th June 2019, 11:19   #84
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Of course you won't agree with the first 2 sentences because you are pathologically incapable of accepting any view contrary to your own. Get a life sonny jim because the one you have at the moment is very sad indeed
Yes well - personal abuse is your trademark it seems so forgive me if I simply sigh in slight despair of you and move on.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:21   #85
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
B

Topman quotes it in post 72 Wraymond.

As you say the context is tortured - as is logic

Just proves the point that if someone who is determined to be offended - they will undoubtably succeed.

You will see that any offence is manufactured and the truth is I got bored with the thread and didn’t go back to it.

Bit of a laugh then that my accused believed I “would have the last word”.

By default - I didn’t LOL!!!!
Thanks. The context has been misrepresented, possibly in error, by your accuser. Nick has conflated one expertly focussed section of society with another focussed section.

In my view you wrote those two sentences in different context, apparent by the correct grammar principle of separate paragraphs. It seemed innocuous to me, I was not offended in any way and I don't think an affected individual would be either.
What I would be offended by is some of the replies in this thread and of course the name calling is extremely objectionable.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:23   #86
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Good morning Phil, I take it that one is now off the ignore list?

It appears you may have missed the relevant part of our manifesto. Voting right and counting weight per vote will be inversely proportional to voter age between 16 and 70, having become zero by the age of 70 the proposed pension age.

Currently, we retirees and in particular pensioners have far too much influence on policy compared with say 16-18 year olds who have a far bigger stake in the impact of policies.

Retirement should be about a simple lifestyle, reflecting on the good that the retiree has done in life, instead of round-the-world cruises and other expensive indulgences (other than the few reckless years doumented as part of "the offer".

We have a viable solution for most scenarios - just waiting for society to catch-up.

P.S. We recently went out to a mid-to-upper range restaurant in Bury St Edmunds for a family meal, having combined the key birthday celebrations for my daughter and son. I could not help but notice that apart form my two teenagers, the wife and I were the youngest people in the restaurant which was completely full. It struck me that we the older generation are on a rather selfish trip whilst many of the younger generation are struggling with the basics in life.
You were on my ignore list ages ago and it lasted about a month, not long in the scheme of things. Last time I mentioned this, Reebs promptly closed the thread.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:24   #87
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

And no worse than your trademark of being an opinionated know all on anything and everything who will never countenance anyone else's opinion ever. And a patronising one at that as well. Go to some googling for the next topic you feel the need to hijack. Have fun.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:26   #88
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Thanks. The context has been misrepresented, possibly in error, by your accuser. Nick has conflated one expertly focussed section of society with another focussed section.

In my view you wrote those two sentences in different context, apparent by the correct grammar principle of separate paragraphs. It seemed innocuous to me, I was not offended in any way and I don't think an affected individual would be either.
What I would be offended by is some of the replies in this thread and of course the name calling is extremely objectionable.
Yes - I’m not sure what I find more upsetting Wraymond!

The inability to comprehend the written word or the abuse that results when the reality is set out before them
Old 28th June 2019, 11:34   #89
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
You were on my ignore list ages ago and it lasted about a month, not long in the scheme of things. Last time I mentioned this, Reebs promptly closed the thread.

I take no offence, Phil. Being put on the ignore list by yourself should be a cause for some self reflection and possibly celebration for the extraordinary achievement.

I just wish I had known at the time.

Last edited by MSS; 28th June 2019 at 11:38..
Old 28th June 2019, 11:37   #90
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

The debate on this thread has been pretty reasonable- up till now.

I really don't want to have to close this thread - or any others for that matter.

Perhaps ALL concerned should think about what they are posting before hitting the submit.
Closed Thread