Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2019, 06:58   #1
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Trump

Who would have thought it?

Whatever we might think of this strange individual.....

His Maverick ability to do things other leaders see as impossible seems to be getting genuine progress with North Korea.

Amazing pictures on the News. Trump and Kim Jong Un just popping into the DMZ for an unplanned (?) chat.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 14:34   #2
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Did anything more substantial than a handshake come out of it? When I first heard it announced, I thought it sounded like a publicly stunt.
Old 30th June 2019, 14:41   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I’ve had to change my mind about Trump but he’s getting things done. Why shouldn’t leaders meet at the drop of a hat? There’ll be remarks on here running him down as per usual but he’s doing things no other President has achieved
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 14:58   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Leaving his obvious demerits aside, he has the typical business approach. He decides what he wants. He assesses the competition and their likely lines of receptivity. Research.

He costs the options and increases what he wants to counter the expected replies. Then goes in with a smile and an outsretched hand.

He also manufactured a phoney row in advance, Huaweii for instance, so he could adopt the later conciliatory good-guy approach. He won.

Unethical? Maybe, but what counts is what works. He knows his job and he thinks he doesn't have to be nice because he is focussed on the 'win' bit.

Another American, named Dale, wrote the book on it - essential reading for anyone in business seeking promotion!
Old 30th June 2019, 19:39   #5
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Further to mine earlier:

Just seen the reports on C4 News about Trump meeting the NK leader and walking to, through and back again, the DMZ. The thought arose that there must be possibly millions of people, not just in the 2 Koreas, but around the world that this is a moment in history that is truly full of potential.

More fuel to the fire of making a profitable benefit out of a sound business-led mind that profits everyone. Capitalism in action!

Somehow though, I don't think Trump will see much congratulation. But, if he hadn't been there or had any hand in it, who can say what might have happened? Early days, not unlike Spring.
Old 30th June 2019, 19:57   #6
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I'm sceptical anything will come of it, he's got more front than Woolworths. He doesn't really do detail or have much of an attention span.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 20:48   #7
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Yes, he has got front! But does anyone, has anyone ever, had everything? No doubt there are plenty of experts in DC to wrap things up, if he can get round the disloyalty problem. Each to his own skills and work as a team.

He is of course divisive but if he gets a second term, and the odds are promising, the people might force his detractors to listen. There too many shrinking violets and hawks in Washington, each with agendas. Almost as bad as here!
Old 30th June 2019, 22:58   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Leaving his obvious demerits aside, he has the typical business approach. He decides what he wants. He assesses the competition and their likely lines of receptivity. Research.

He costs the options and increases what he wants to counter the expected replies. Then goes in with a smile and an outsretched hand.

He also manufactured a phoney row in advance, Huaweii for instance, so he could adopt the later conciliatory good-guy approach. He won.

Unethical? Maybe, but what counts is what works. He knows his job and he thinks he doesn't have to be nice because he is focussed on the 'win' bit.

Another American, named Dale, wrote the book on it - essential reading for anyone in business seeking promotion!
I've been saying this all along, it amazes me at times why people cant see further than their own noses.

Watch and wait...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 05:24   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I've been saying this all along, it amazes me at times why people cant see further than their own noses.

Watch and wait...
Agree Wes - he is proving himself to be attuned to influencing people along ways that other politicians have failed to do. He is not bothered about making friends with what he considers to be the “swamp” - but he is most certainly making Friends with people his predecessors failed to do anything with.

Obama went to the DMZ with binoculars and wearing a military style Bomber Jacket.

Trump calls them up and pops in for a chat

A stunt?

Maybe...

But as you say - let’s watch and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It could well be that someone well versed in the skills of making friends and influencing people as Wraymond suggests - is exactly what we need to break the impasse created by decades of career politicians.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 05:49   #10
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Watch and wait...
The voices of reason at long last
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote