Notices

Old 3rd August 2019, 11:37   #147831
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
The eye is improving Phil, no longer as painful just uncomfortable. As for the top lip, feels "thick" rather than numb.
Good morning Steve, hopefully your over the worst of it and on the rapid road to recovery. Keep taking the tablets
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 20:03   #147832
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Andy, that’s a hit I can happily take. I don’t know anyone round here who can do the work for that price and time. Garage man said, many hours and hundreds of pounds.

He added “Rover 75’s, don’t see many on the road and they are a bogie to work on”.
If you cant find anyone Phil, order the parts and ill drive down and fit them for you.
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:41   #147833
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
If you cant find anyone Phil, order the parts and ill drive down and fit them for you.
Thank you Andy, I found someone we both know, who prefers anonymity about his work He said he is happy to help me with the car. I will send him an advance as he has already ordered the parts. I told Jessica about your exceedingly offer and she was flabbergasted, a long drive for you from the other side of the country. I am in awe, what a wonderful gesture and really very kind.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:55   #147834
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Andy, I found someone we both know, who prefers anonymity about his work He said he is happy to help me with the car. I will send him an advance as he has already ordered the parts. I told Jessica about your exceedingly offer and she was flabbergasted, a long drive for you from the other side of the country. I am in awe, what a wonderful gesture and really very kind.
No problem Phil, didn't want to see you stuck or having to pay silly prices.
Old 4th August 2019, 06:03   #147835
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT190+, MG ZT-T Diesel

I must admit to being very unpleasantly surprised! I put a post on the forum under London and South meets which also showed up on everyone’s new posts. On Sat 27th Andrew Squire (Shiner) had a major house fire almost destroying the whole house. He is now going to be in alternative accommodation for a year whilst they try and rebuild it. Now I put the post on the following Mon and only 5 other people have posted and only one other has bothered to get in touch with Andy. Now I think that is disgusting, considering he has worked on so many club members cars, some for free at the meets and such, using the T4 machine etc etc. Was not asking for money or offers of help, just texts of support from what I thought were a really sound bunch of people. Whoa, have I been stunned! Chillyphil does not even know Shiner and offered any help. Ken Williams (KWIL) has been the only other person to actually get in touch with Andy to date. Pete Dennis (Stormbringer) even offered money even though was not asked for. As I said, for a really nice bloke who helps anyone out even to his own detriment, to be roundly ignored in this terrible time, is absolutely astounding. Some people need to be rightly ashamed. Thanks to all who made the effort. Much appreciated by the whole family. End of rant
Old 4th August 2019, 06:23   #147836
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I must admit to being very unpleasantly surprised! I put a post on the forum under London and South meets which also showed up on everyone’s new posts. On Sat 27th Andrew Squire (Shiner) had a major house fire almost destroying the whole house. He is now going to be in alternative accommodation for a year whilst they try and rebuild it. Now I put the post on the following Mon and only 5 other people have posted and only one other has bothered to get in touch with Andy. Now I think that is disgusting, considering he has worked on so many club members cars, some for free at the meets and such, using the T4 machine etc etc. Was not asking for money or offers of help, just texts of support from what I thought were a really sound bunch of people. Whoa, have I been stunned! Chillyphil does not even know Shiner and offered any help. Ken Williams (KWIL) has been the only other person to actually get in touch with Andy to date. Pete Dennis (Stormbringer) even offered money even though was not asked for. As I said, for a really nice bloke who helps anyone out even to his own detriment, to be roundly ignored in this terrible time, is absolutely astounding. Some people need to be rightly ashamed. Thanks to all who made the effort. Much appreciated by the whole family. End of rant
Sometimes people want to be left alone not having to answer there phone continually. It dosen’t mean we don’t care, we do. No doubt people will be in touch once the shock has passed by. I’ll be contact with Andy in the next day or two. People need to adapt.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 06:26   #147837
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all from grey and overcast Saltash.

Had Banana washed before 7am this morning.

Think Deanna and Rick USA have slept ok, as they have just got up. We are off to the Mount Edgecumbe Show at 08.15. Meeting the gang at Kernow Mill before we convoy off.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 4th August 2019 at 06:26.. Reason: Found the missing words
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 06:40   #147838
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT190+, MG ZT-T Diesel

Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Sometimes people want to be left alone not having to answer there phone continually. It dosen’t mean we don’t care, we do. No doubt people will be in touch once the shock has passed by. I’ll be contact with Andy in the next day or two. People need to adapt.

Bob you had already replied, so was not pointing fingers matey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 4th August 2019, 06:46   #147839
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's a damp morning after last nights rain, Looks like a mixed bag of everything today!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 07:31   #147840
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post

That is not strictly true I sent a P/M to Andy, because we live quite some distance from him, so could not off any immediate help, gave him my new telephone number but had no reply, more than happy to donate some money if it helps.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote