Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th August 2019, 21:02   #21
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yes of course if you take something apart regularly then it is less likely to seize up, but these injectors are not part of any official service schedule and I would no more remove them I would the camchains, crankshaft or any other part of the engine that isn't part of the service schedule unless there was a reason to do so.

Looked after (and by that I mean regular fuel filter changes and not miss-fuelling) they can last the lifetime of the engine, and my advice is to leave them well alone.

There is a very real risk of contamination when opening up the injection system - especially when you are downstream of the fuel filter, and you need to be surgically clean, as any grit or other minor contamination can reduce the service life of the HP pump and injectors.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 22:59   #22
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Ah yes cleanliness now can certainly help prevent Oh My Godliness later.

I saw two cars at the breakfast meet this morning with engine bays so clean they looked like they had come straight off the production line.

Sadly neither of them were mine.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote