Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st January 2018, 20:12   #1
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default Is it just me or does mordern car designs just doesn't have that spark anymore.

You know what I mean, when ever you saw a car in the early 2000's 90's 80's 70's 60's you name it.

When you saw those beauty's for the first time you knew you wanted one and have a go in one yourself, back then cars were built too win your hearts over if its interior, exterior or performance in mind depending what certain things you like in car they had it covered.

Been Driving in work all day today and just looking at every motor going by, these modern motors look almost the same and doesn't appeal too me in the slightest.

When you see a classic go past Holly beep do you notice them, they had more class in everyway I think that's way I prefer them.

Or 75's and ZT's are modern too, But it has a very distinctive look about them which is eye catching and very appealing too the eye.

Mabey it is just me Guess I'm stuck in the past and can't really move forward, but can you blame considering all the nice cars we've had during the prime of the 90's and early 2000.

This is what I mean here's a few cars that I personally believe were the true eye catchers during there prime, There's many more but these for me stand right out.

Forgot too add the lexus ls 400

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 31st January 2018 at 21:00..
Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 20:18   #2
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

With all the collaborations that are going on, they are all designed and built by the same folks and just badged. Even under the skins, they share common power plants and drive trains. It's all about saving money these days but not for the consumer!!!!!
Old 31st January 2018, 20:23   #3
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
With all the collaborations that are going on, they are all designed and built by the same folks and just badged. Even under the skins, they share common power plants and drive trains. It's all about saving money these days but not for the consumer!!!!!
That's the things these days everything's all done so the seller or employer are always put first other priorities are secondary.

It would be nice too see something different, The top markets the cars are the same just with a different badge, back in the hayday you knew just by looking at the car which manufacture built that car.

Without looking at the badge.

I miss those times I really do.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 31st January 2018, 20:41   #4
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Unhappy

Hi Dave have you seen the "GORDON KEEBLE "FROM THE 1960'S , that was one of my dream cars back then different style and a large engine.
Nearly bought a Jenson Interceptor but the wife said it wasn't practical so bought a Vauxhall Victor estate 2ltr didn't last long.

Dave
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 20:51   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

for me its the interior, any colour you like as long as it's black. Drove a brand new Range Rover last week, if it had wood it looked plastic, reminded me of Ikea kitchen cupboard doors, awful. No class, certainly not becoming of what amounts to a prestigious car.
I like the external look of Jaguar cars, not so the F Pace.

Lights are a gimmick, lights that turn off when one turns on, lights that turn on, on a bright sunny day in town when you turn a tight corner. Lights on at the front but not at the rear come poor visibility.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 20:52   #6
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Dave, you missed one off your list of pics!!!!!!

Totally agree with what you're saying Dave. Although, there are still a few modern motors that stand out from the crowd........thinking F Types and the like

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 20:55   #7
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post
Hi Dave have you seen the "GORDON KEEBLE "FROM THE 1960'S , that was one of my dream cars back then different style and a large engine.
Nearly bought a Jenson Interceptor but the wife said it wasn't practical so bought a Vauxhall Victor estate 2ltr didn't last long.

Dave
Sure have indeed My dad showed me it before on his classic car mags he use too get every week.

In fact got a photo snap here.

Jenson Interceptor don't hear many people talk about them anymore, Now there a real rarity yet too seen one up close.

My dad had a victor and also a Vauxhall cresta as well.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 31st January 2018, 21:08   #8
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I said the same when the sd1 replaces the p6, for me the best design on a car body in this country was the coke bottle victor and the hb viva they got the lines perfect with those cars.
Old 31st January 2018, 21:19   #9
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

2 top cars for me in the 70’s were the Triumph 2000 and Rover P6.
Aimed at the same market but looked different and just fabulous in their own way. Eventually I bought a Triumph 2000 and it did not disappoint.
What really annoys me is the number of SUV’s being made and sold. I really struggle to recognise who made them as they look so similar. You have to get close up to see the badge front or back. That says a lot about non original thinking. Let’s copy everyone else and find another way to get jo public to buy our Euro box. How can you feel special sitting in a car that every other manufacturer makes just like yours.
As kids my sister and I would look out for VW Beetles. Rare but very very recognisable. Try spotting a Mokka tomorrow. Then again don’t. You’ll get done for driving without due care and attention.
Old 31st January 2018, 21:29   #10
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

you forgot the E-type (series 1 ) .....actually there are a few i'd add to this list

I totally agree that older cars look better

that said...... I like some of the KIA models these days - styling wise at least not sure what they are actually like to drive etc..

and the new volvo S90 looks to be a nice car

nothing wrong with looking

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote