Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th May 2019, 09:28   #1
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Default Stupid cheap rubbish

I fitted a genuine rear electric blind and shelf the other day, and left the seat out as well as some of the trim while going for a 120mile drive.

What I noticed was at 50+ on the motorway, I was getting this rattling coming from BOTH sides, kinda like continuous small stones or heavy raindrops hitting underneath the car, but at each side. It changed with the speed of the car, and the wind.

THere is nothing loose under the car, there is nothing loose inside, so this noise was a TOTAL mystery to me, until I looked closer at the back, where the front part of the wheel arch liner is NOT FASTENED to anything at the start of the arch. It is free to flap, free to bang and vibrate against the metal of the car, and in high wind situations, this is what must be making the noise as far as Im concerned.

Popping both of them out, I did not even see any way to fix them in place, I was shocked.

I guess you never hear it when the rear seat squab is down as that will block it all out.

SO annoying.

Last edited by T16; 17th May 2019 at 11:05..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 10:50   #2
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well I've always had the same "stupid cheap rubbish" fitted to all my Rovers and never had a problem with it.
planenut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 10:57   #3
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Well I've always had the same "stupid cheap rubbish" fitted to all my Rovers and never had a problem with it.
Same here

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 12:37   #4
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but there is nothing loose on the car!

Brand new heatshields, everything new on the back end. No trim at the rear to rattle, but noise sort of sounds like it comes from the back edge of the door area, which coincidentally is right where those arches are.

There is a single nut about 2/3rds of the way up the front, but aside from that they just "clip" into the cut out where the metal arch is.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 15:32   #5
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Smile Jacking pads?

Never had such noises on either of my 75's and have both removed and replaced arch liners so just wondering if it is something else and can only think might get odd noises if your jacking pads are missing??
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote