Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2019, 07:12   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Iss

Laid in bed last night, I happened to spot the full Moon, exactly appearing to be balanced on the tip of the spire of our local church. It was a very clear sky and a few seconds later I spotted ISS (International Space Station) fly over and tried to point it out to SWMBO, but just too late. She admitted she had never seen it.

I have seen it go over many times without knowing it was due, but there are apps to help suggest when it can be seen, where to look for it. It can sometimes be seen during daylight if the sun catches it, but it is much more obvious just before dawn, or just after dark, as the sun catches it and lights it up in the sky. It shows up as a bright star, except moving across the sky at high speed.

MIR was likewise visible, until it came down and I actually chatted briefly with MIR, back in the day.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 10:07   #2
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I do find it interesting to watch the ISS go over; odd though, as it will always be the same speed and doing the same thing.

I use heavens-above.com to track and view it. Obviously the intensity will vary and that will be affected by the position of the sun.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 10:14   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

If you are watching the sky, there will be a partial lunar eclipse today and tomorrow.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote