Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2020, 12:43   #21
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Trust is a massive thing for me.
That's why, although I live near Nottingham, I have had no issue with travelling to see Jules at Colwyn Bay and Terry TSAUTOS at Stourbridge when I have required their services. Cannot praise both highly enough.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2020, 13:28   #22
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

We really are in a "computer says no " situation
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2020, 13:30   #23
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
Trust is a massive thing for me.
That's why, although I live near Nottingham, I have had no issue with travelling to see Jules at Colwyn Bay and Terry TSAUTOS at Stourbridge when I have required their services. Cannot praise both highly enough.
Agree. But for lockdown I would have booked with Jules by now for some A/C work on the V8. Did many good jobs for me last time. He was as sick as a dog but wouldn't let me leave since I'd come so far. Much respect.
My local Screwfix is actually very good and Kwik Fit has been OK so far. Steve Andrews tyres in Truro have always impressed. The problem with the big organisations is they have so many employees with no skin in the game. A fair number of the 'drones' just don't dare depart from the rules they're given, lack initiative or just don't care. Some ten years ago, by accident, I overheard one of my front desk receptionists telling a well dressed potential new customer that I couldn't see him for three weeks since I had no 'slot' available. He was due to visit his wife in South Africa who hadn't seen him for six months and was flying out in a week. I stayed late to sort him out that day and now his wife, family and friends are still with us. The receptionist was what Sam Walton termed a one bagger. She was untrainable and is no longer with us. Find the people who look after you and stick with them and refer your friends to support them. Wish my old Bank Manager hadn't retired! lol
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2020, 22:36   #24
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I recently needed some bits from Screwfix.
Those types of dating sites are best avoided.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 16:49   #25
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default local tyre fitter

I know that this is all down to individual experience but I bought a set of tyres through Black Circles for my Mazda 3 (its my 'other' car, the one I use when the Rover is in bits...). I arranged for a local independent garage to fit the new tyres plus four wheel tracking. Long story short - they lost the locking wheel nut key, job took two days (?), then they couldn't do the tracking because the car suspension was knocking, blah, blah. Needless to say there was no problem with the suspension and the guy at least had the 'good grace' not to charge me for removing the lock nuts. Without wishing to sound like the oldest NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- (and failing massively) but decent garages are far and few between and assuming they are any better than the money-grabbing thieves that run the big nationals just doesn't work. Similarly, I've spoken to lots of people who claim that KwikFormulaNationalOneFit have performed sterling service - my own experience has been very much the opposite
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote