Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th June 2020, 07:48   #1
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Default highline radio/sat nav problem

hi all i have a problem with my newly purchased Rover 75 tourer diesel auto 02 i can hardly make out what's on the screen as the backlight is very weak and the radio doesn't work the cd multichanger works and the sat nav works the problem is the backlight and the radio can anyone advise please much appreciated
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 18:00   #2
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
you say the satnav works but the radio does not does the tv work you wont have a picture but if you release the hand brake a message will appear on screen check the fuses
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 20:56   #3
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Love these units usually made by Alpine. the head unit is just that. The wireless receiver AM / FM is in the boot the CD changer most likely in the glove box the Analog TV turner is in the boot and the sat nav CD reader is in the boot.
The screen dims with the lights going on. I suspect the problem is in the boot and is water related just a guess.
If you give up on it. You will need to run an extension Ariel cable from the boot up to the front radio cubby 6m minimum needed.
If with the radio out you stick your hand deep down into the bottom of the hole centre towards the front of the car you will find a hidden pair of din plugs the brown one and the black one. To receive TV you will need to fit a digital TV receiver to the car.
And boost the Ariel receiver usually one up each windscreen pillar.
You can get a Chinese head unit for about £150 or an Android unit for £200 a double din adapter plate is about £15.
Best of luck fixing the existing unit.
The thing I hated about the sat nav was its inability to work from post code input.
Try going into the screen options and change the colour you should be able to do this from the main menu displayed on the screen at startup.
Keep us all posted on your progress.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 06:09   #4
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Love these units usually made by Alpine. the head unit is just that. The wireless receiver AM / FM is in the boot the CD changer most likely in the glove box the Analog TV turner is in the boot and the sat nav CD reader is in the boot.
The screen dims with the lights going on. I suspect the problem is in the boot and is water related just a guess.
If you give up on it. You will need to run an extension Ariel cable from the boot up to the front radio cubby 6m minimum needed.
If with the radio out you stick your hand deep down into the bottom of the hole centre towards the front of the car you will find a hidden pair of din plugs the brown one and the black one. To receive TV you will need to fit a digital TV receiver to the car.
And boost the Ariel receiver usually one up each windscreen pillar.
You can get a Chinese head unit for about £150 or an Android unit for £200 a double din adapter plate is about £15.
Best of luck fixing the existing unit.
The thing I hated about the sat nav was its inability to work from post code input.
Try going into the screen options and change the colour you should be able to do this from the main menu displayed on the screen at startup.
Keep us all posted on your progress.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thank you for all replies really appreciated afraid i am not very electrically or mechanically minded hopefully with the information i have received i can get someone who can do the work once again thanks all
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote