Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2012, 08:18   #5341
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Porridge it is then Guys. Its Readybrek. Hope thats ok. I cant wait around for the old style stuff. Milk, in the microwave for two minutes, topped of with sugar. Jeff, yours will be a bit later as I need to go for shop for Crunch Nut Cornflakes:xmas-smiley-029:
Old 7th December 2012, 08:23   #5342
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Porridge it is then Guys. Its Readybrek. Hope thats ok. I cant wait around for the old style stuff. Milk, in the microwave for two minutes, topped of with sugar. Jeff, yours will be a bit later as I need to go for shop for Crunch Nut Cornflakes:xmas-smiley-029:
Well done Jason you all ways get one dont you
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 08:27   #5343
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Well done Jason you all ways get one dont you
Like to be on top of things Derek. That Jeff has to be trouble. I am walking back from the shops with his and its snowing:xmas-smiley-029:
Old 7th December 2012, 08:28   #5344
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendriver View Post
Wish I had a social club. Our union club closed a couple of years ago due to poor fund management and lack of interest. Was the only place I could get a free game or 2 of snooker....
We have two full size tables in the games room if your up this way and fancy a game Andy,

All clubs and pubs are really feeling the pinch as people are just not going out as often as they used to.
Our subs every year are quite expensive as well due to the 'exclusivity' of the club, partly due to keeping the riff raff out and also because the club is owned by its membership.
We have struggled in recent times with membership numbers dwindling and those left using the club less often.
The committee has in light of this forced some major changes through to ensure our continuation.
This doesn't always please some of our membership as 'change' can be seen in a negative way!
Members in such a long established club do sometimes see the club as 'Their own' but...............Whilst keeping tradition and standards high (dress code etc) we as the committee have had to recognise how times have moved on, i.e relaxing the rule that lunchtimes are no longer the sole preserve of Gentleman only. This is only one of many changes already implimented or in the process of being passed. Stagnate and Die is not somthing we wish to see happen.
We have an AGM every year which all members are encouraged to attend.
This is when we vote on who is on the committee, club policies/rules etc.
The membership get to hear how their club is doing financially and how the money is spent on the day to day running of their club.
Democracy still rules in our club at least
Old 7th December 2012, 08:30   #5345
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Judging by the demand for porridge, I'm going to buy shares in Quaker Oats - they could be worth a mint if the cold weather continues :xmas-smiley-029:

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 08:32   #5346
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Like to be on top of things Derek. That Jeff has to be trouble. I am walking back from the shops with his and its snowing:xmas-smiley-029:
But you know I love you for it Jay:xmas-smiley-020::xmas-smiley-029:
Old 7th December 2012, 08:33   #5347
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
I am walking back from the shops with his and its snowing:xmas-smiley-029:
Got Sky News on, talking about it being colder next week with "significant" snowfall, deep joy!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 08:36   #5348
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
We have two full size tables in the games room if your up this way and fancy a game Andy,

All clubs and pubs are really feeling the pinch as people are just not going out as often as they used to.
Our subs every year are quite expensive as well due to the 'exclusivity' of the club, partly due to keeping the riff raff out and also because the club is owned by its membership.
We have struggled in recent times with membership numbers dwindling and those left using the club less often.
The committee has in light of this forced some major changes through to ensure our continuation.
This doesn't always please some of our membership as 'change' can be seen in a negative way!
Members in such a long established club do sometimes see the club as 'Their own' but...............Whilst keeping tradition and standards high (dress code etc) we as the committee have had to recognise how times have moved on, i.e relaxing the rule that lunchtimes are no longer the sole preserve of Gentleman only. This is only one of many changes already implimented or in the process of being passed. Stagnate and Die is not somthing we wish to see happen.
The membership get to hear how their club is doing financially and how the money is spent on the day to day running of their club.
Good to see the powers that be are flexible enough to push through changes in the interests of your club.

I might take up your offer of a few frames, come springtime...
Old 7th December 2012, 08:38   #5349
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:

Jeff - this is a bit freaky - your Club situation mirrors mine almost exactly:
We were formed in 1910, so celebrated our 100th 2 years ago
  • We are men only
  • We have 2 snooker tables
  • We have a live-in steward & spouse
  • We too try to retain an element of being a 'gentleman's club'
  • We have struggled to maintain income - regular members have reduced over the years, takings from gaming machines have reduced - but as yet, no-one has suggested inviting the fair sex in
  • We concentrate on really tight housekeeping - profitable bar pricing, keeping costs under control etc.etc.
After a couple of years of living on our reserves, we're geting back into profit this year

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 08:46   #5350
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
I have never seen so many pubs closed including long established ones you never thought would. More people just buy drink in a supermarket and drink at home, and you don't have to go outside to smoke. When I was taxiing there were times I'd go into a pub for a pick up quite early in the evening taking their only punter just leaving the bar staff in the place! The only ones that seem to be surviving and indeed growing are the big pub/restaurant chains that serve average food in a bland atmosphere.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote