Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2021, 15:24   #31
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

To bring you all up to date with this, she's been sat for a while whilst life went on around her. Anyway, when I was trawling through an MG forum looking for something completely different, I discovered that MEMS3 require blue injectors, not black injectors. Rimmers had brand new LR-spec blue injectors for little more than a set of overhauled ones, so I bought and fitted a set. The difference is night and day! No longer does it struggle to idle or start properly and it sounds so much crisper. Time to get her ready for the MOT then!

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 22:30   #32
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapfell View Post
To bring you all up to date with this, she's been sat for a while whilst life went on around her. Anyway, when I was trawling through an MG forum looking for something completely different, I discovered that MEMS3 require blue injectors, not black injectors. Rimmers had brand new LR-spec blue injectors for little more than a set of overhauled ones, so I bought and fitted a set. The difference is night and day! No longer does it struggle to idle or start properly and it sounds so much crisper. Time to get her ready for the MOT then!
Thanks for the Update

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2021, 22:46   #33
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
If it fails again then I would have a look at the timing. It only needs to be a notch out and it will through the emissions out. Had that happen on my 1.6 45. Engine ran as it should, idled as it should but kept on chucking out soot. I checked the timing marks and the inlet was off by about a tooth, Lined it all up correctly again and bingo, no more soot
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:23   #34
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRob View Post
If it fails again then I would have a look at the timing. It only needs to be a notch out and it will through the emissions out. Had that happen on my 1.6 45. Engine ran as it should, idled as it should but kept on chucking out soot. I checked the timing marks and the inlet was off by about a tooth, Lined it all up correctly again and bingo, no more soot

I've done the timing about three times, even running 180deg out; it is all bang-on correct now. We'll see how it goes. Now going through the tidy-up and sorting the wobbly bits out (ie airbag lights).

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:08   #35
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Thanks for this update - very interesting to read, as I have similar symptoms (leading to much hair pulling!). The only difference is my emissions are OK.

I might try a set of new injectors in mine, but then it seems to be slightly better with a full tank of fuel - so perhaps a weak pump is my problem?
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:59   #36
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Is there any news on this ?

We have a ZR and a TF with some problems, running rich when cold, misfiring, stalling when cold but purrs like a cat once warmed up. the emissions are OK.

Pete.

Last edited by pletevl; 2nd May 2021 at 10:02..
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote