Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2013, 07:55   #531
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Just an update to say I've fitted mine and it works a treat. I'm more than happy to assist members fitting this in the Northampton area in exchange for a brew and a choccy biccy, and good banter

I really do urge people to adjust the rear calipers whilst the cables are slacked off, mine were tremendously out of balance. Once done the nut on the handbrake adjuster only needed 12mm of clear thread before the handbrake locked the wheels at 3 clicks.

This really is a great mod, thanks Arctic.
My project thread HERE
Old 14th June 2013, 15:32   #532
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Arctic,
I have still not received the package, and having today been to our Town Sorting Office to check finally if they have seen it. I have been reassured that it has not passed through their office and without either a Tracking Number or perhaps a Registered Letter Ref. Number, they are not able to pursue the matter.
In my last email to you I suggested that I might get the stretched compensator 'modified' out here, this is not going to be possible I'm afraid.
I need one of your compensators and would be prepared to pay for a 'Tracked Package' or Registered Post to get one to me, as well as paying the full price that you normally charge.
Should the Missing Compensator appear, then I would naturally return it to you. Compensation for the missing item should be available from the Royal Mail as you have proof of sending, I believe, in the Session ID number at the time you sent it.
Failing this, may I suggest that a new Compensator be sent to my son in N.Wales who will be visiting us here in Portugal in a month or so, and would 'hand-carry' the thing with him...
I await your thoughts...
Regards,
Martin (Time Searcher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
Sorry that I've not sent the 'old' compensator yet, BUT due to the vagaries of the Portuguese Postal Service (we have had two postal strikes this month about Proposed Privatisation) no mail has arrived this week, , hopefully tomorrow, the 10th June, I will be able to complete the job!!!
Old 14th June 2013, 18:25   #533
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default No overseas postings of compensators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
Arctic,
I have still not received the package, and having today been to our Town Sorting Office to check finally if they have seen it. I have been reassured that it has not passed through their office and without either a Tracking Number or perhaps a Registered Letter Ref. Number, they are not able to pursue the matter.
In my last email to you I suggested that I might get the stretched compensator 'modified' out here, this is not going to be possible I'm afraid.
I need one of your compensators and would be prepared to pay for a 'Tracked Package' or Registered Post to get one to me, as well as paying the full price that you normally charge.
Should the Missing Compensator appear, then I would naturally return it to you. Compensation for the missing item should be available from the Royal Mail as you have proof of sending, I believe, in the Session ID number at the time you sent it.
Failing this, may I suggest that a new Compensator be sent to my son in N.Wales who will be visiting us here in Portugal in a month or so, and would 'hand-carry' the thing with him...
I await your thoughts...
Regards,
Martin (Time Searcher)
Hi Martin.
I got your email yesterday and i gave you my answer then in the form of a full refund and you told me to hold fire which i have done, i have since not received any email with regards to why you wanted me to do this but i now see why so you can relay what is going on in open forum so here we go two ways to deal with it as i see.

Send you a full refund as first stated to you in the email yesterday because i have had this happen to me four times now when posting out overseas, two Spain, one Italy, and now Portugal, so that is the end of the line for me now with regards to overseas posting of Compensators.

The second way to deal with it is this i will send one for you to your son in Wales if you send me his address (FOC) and he will have to sign for it then it is up to your son to make sure you receive the compensator.

Yes i would like the old one sent back to me (as in the stretched one) also if the modified compensator was or as turned up in the mean time also send that beack to me.

please email me your sons address and i will post one off to him Monday Morning Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 18th June 2013, 09:10   #534
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Hi Martin.
I would like to thank you for informing me that the compensator finaly turned up in Portugal and that you are happy with its quality also the replacement compensator that i have sent to your sons address which he will more than likely get today 18th will be sent back unopened, as you say seems to be a mystery why it went missing for a bit then turned up anyway its all good cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 18th June 2013, 09:15   #535
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Overseas 1st class can arrive the same week, 2 weeks or even 3 weeks later these days. it's all a complete lottery!!!
And guess who gets the flaque..............not Royalmail that's for sure

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Old 18th June 2013, 11:25   #536
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Default they call him "Three Clicks"

Yes... I received and fitted the Compensator last evening with very little problem. Following Arctic's extensive and well illustrated "How to..." I am now a happy chappy with a 3 click handbrake (not that I 'click' the handbrake anyway, but you know what I mean), that holds on a steep slope and if I were to try to drive away on the flat the wheels will not rotate. I reckon that I was lucky as the brake shoes did not need to be adjusted.
Job Done...
Old Compensator is now flying back by Express Airmail to the West Midlands,
Thanks Arctic,
Regards, Martin

Last edited by Time Searcher; 18th June 2013 at 12:55.. Reason: Spelling
Old 18th June 2013, 11:27   #537
man5ell
Regular poster

MG ZT+ 160

What's the cost for one of these as I think that I might need one to get the car through it's MOT?

Regards,
Simon

Mods Done:-
Mostly cosmetic, Sat-Nav, Brakes & Dics all round, "Smoked" Rear Lights, Engine Bay Fuse Box wrap
Mods to Do:-
Handbrake mod, Shannon Tube/Air Filter, N/S Fog Light, Door Cards, Boot Spoiler
Old 18th June 2013, 12:36   #538
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by man5ell View Post
What's the cost for one of these as I think that I might need one to get the car through it's MOT?

Regards,
Simon
Hi Simon.
A PM is in your message box for you with all details on how to obtain the SSC

ad altiora tendo.

Old 21st June 2013, 10:29   #539
hold on tight
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Me too! Handbrake lever is right at the top of its travel, and even then, the parking brake only just holds.

Can you send details for replacement.

Thanks
Ian
Old 21st June 2013, 11:23   #540
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold on tight View Post
Me too! Handbrake lever is right at the top of its travel, and even then, the parking brake only just holds.

Can you send details for replacement.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian.
As above with Simon details sent via PM you then need to follow in the instructions therein cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Closed Thread