Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th September 2013, 12:25   #21
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Mandatory confiscation of the uninsured vehicle if the rules stay as they are at the moment. A skeen kicking for the offender (translates to a "sound beating" for the English among us) is also highly desirable if the rozzers can get away with it too.

Even better, change the rules to something similar to Australia. You are issued number plates for the car on a yearly basis and charged a fee that covers the VEHICLE with the minimum insurance necessary to cover a 2nd or 3rd party's losses in the event of an accident and your road tax for the year.
Old 28th September 2013, 13:45   #22
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Here in Portugal, the Insurance Document and the IMTT = (MOT) MUST be displayed inside the kerbside front windscreen so that 'those who need to know' can check their validity.
The Insurance has the Vehicle Reg. No. and Date of Start & Finish; the IMTT has the date that the Test took place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMTT INS.jpg (120.8 KB, 10 views)
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 14:24   #23
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

I would hate to think that any of our members would be prepared to drive whilst banned or have a suspended license for medical reasons. Its just wrong but I dare say if they were to do it, they are hardly going to put their hands up.

As I say, I don't muck about, I have reported a number of known offender for this as its the only way to get it sorted and if they did run one of the kids over, i would never forgive myself.

Dave (fully taxed, tested and insured)
Old 28th September 2013, 14:51   #24
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

The fines used for this are no deterrent, as has been said. If they can pay, they are not bothered and if they can't, or don't pay, they get away with it again. It is the same with 'on-the-spot' fines, which are no deterrent to the filthy rich. I think it is Sweden that tier the fine to your income, so a £60 fine for a labourer, would rise to £500 for a rich Porsche driver.

Actually, deprivation is the only real deterrent. If abusers are deprived of their right to drive, the punishment is meaningful and fair for all, regardless of wealth, power, or attitude. We are just too soft with the relatively few, who cause so much harm for the silent majority.

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 15:25   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It’s catching them that counts.

It occurred to me the other day that during a typical drive (to shops/mall or garage etc) I might see at most one police car per outing. There are also many fewer constables on foot patrol (like, they‘ve disappeared).

Don’t know where all these coppers have all gone, can only presume they have been directed to other duties by their managers (once upon a time called Inspectors or Superintendents). There just can not be that much paperwork. I mean it, not mocking, they are believe it or not 99% decent and hard working just like any other outfit. They also have often been known to wait outside pub car parks to catch known drunks getting into their cars after a nights’ session. That’s an easy collar.

That’s the point. Why not, in conjunction with the vast number of ANPR sites, stop every car or other vehicle without insurance listed on database? If found to be as listed, seize the car to pound and give 7 days to prove legality or lose it? And then repay all costs involved? To make this easier, drivers’ details must be carried and would be the basis of confirmation of insurance cover and driving/excise licence and MOT. That would include hire cars and company cars, the appropriate drivers having been given copies of relevant documents.

Last edited by wraymond; 28th September 2013 at 15:28..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 16:03   #26
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

other threds on the forum have members sujjesting that mods shouldnt be reported to insurance firms which seems not right if people feel so strongly about no insurance.
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 16:23   #27
Le Mans 190

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Little story

3 weeks ago I was coming back from Gatwick usual route M25 M1 A5
anyway traveling towards Northampton I noticed a foreign truck weaving from lane 1 into lane 2 then onto the hard shoulder this went on for a few miles me thinking the driver was falling asleep

anyway to cut a long story short I phoned the police
after what seemed like an age they turn up and stopped the truck
to find the driver was over the limited

3 times over the limited was mad
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 17:03   #28
Cockaa
Posted a thing or two

Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post
other threds on the forum have members sujjesting that mods shouldnt be reported to insurance firms which seems not right if people feel so strongly about no insurance.
A good point you have made there Wesley, Just to clarify that all my mods are known to my insurance company, The only one they were really bothered about was the alloys to be fair, better to be safe than sorry though fella

Cockaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 17:04   #29
Cockaa
Posted a thing or two

Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 View Post
Little story

3 weeks ago I was coming back from Gatwick usual route M25 M1 A5
anyway traveling towards Northampton I noticed a foreign truck weaving from lane 1 into lane 2 then onto the hard shoulder this went on for a few miles me thinking the driver was falling asleep

anyway to cut a long story short I phoned the police
after what seemed like an age they turn up and stopped the truck
to find the driver was over the limited

3 times over the limited was mad
I hope you pulled over before you used your phone lol

Cockaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 17:09   #30
Le Mans 190

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Hands free dude

this guy had drove from the docks like this how he didn't kill someone is beyond me

the good thing was he got
28 days imprisonment 2 years ban and his truck impounded
the truck was also found not to be in a road worthy condition so I doubt he had any insurance either
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote