Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2015, 09:53   #31
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

For me in the UK at least it WILL be somewhere in the hills around Brecon but not till the kids have finished school now. If a small lotto win came up though it'd probably be somewhere in New Zealand like this. In the hills but close enough to a town for work, shopping & entertainment.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-50951597.html

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 10:02   #32
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

If i had the money, i'd be outta here in a shot, and set up camp in Corfu. A warm island with great views.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 11:20   #33
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Considering that we sold 4 houses, 14 cars 3 businesses and uprooted my whole extended family to move 6000 miles to Wiltshire, it would have to be here.

Quite happy here actually but had I the money, a holiday home in Spain or one of the islands somewhere would be on the cards.

A second holiday home on a canal boat would also be a consideration of course.

Craig.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 11:52   #34
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Have to say I really like it where I am, even if the depths of winter bring too much darkness and cold. I've been working on turning an empty 2 acre field into a place I can live and eventually work part-time. I planted my first orchard three years ago, with the second one (for cider!) planned for this autumn. A few years ago I started building decent sized "growboxes" out of reclaimed fence boards and for the last couple of years have been using those to produce around a third of our vegetables pretty much all year round. Now I have my first polytunnel built and the plastic is due to be delivered this week, so that's going to ramp up the food production. I've also put in my first four raised beds with fruit bushes, and next year I plan on having at least one more polytunnel - by then I should be at the point where I can sell my surplus through the local shop.

That's all aside from the tree-planting, landscaping, patio-laying etc to make it a nice place to live! Unless you've got shedloads of money to throw at something ready to move into, creating a rural idyll involves a lot of hard graft. Very satisfying though!
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 17:00   #35
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

We bought some land which has its own beach on the Indian ocean and we often dream about building a beach or tree house which overlooks the sea. It is often 28C - 33C throughout the year, living in those temps is something else. If money was no object, we would have already built it. But alas, it is a maybe project. I spend half the year in the tropics and half the year in the UK. I count my blessings for good health We love the food and the British way of life, so who knows, we still might settle back here in the long run. I am very fond of Wiltshire, Dorset and North Yorkshire. We are exploring Scotland in the summer, for the culture, the views and the history

Dreams sometimes come true
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 17:22   #36
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Thumbs up

We've been here in Central Portugal, near to Tomar, since June 2009. It has proved to have been a TOTAL success, food, wine climate and lovely people both local and ex-pats. We really can not see any reason to return to the U.K. although miss our sons and the grandkids. But we make a couple of week-long dashes each year and share out our company, and of course they are always ready to to visit us, it seems...
AND I brought my ZT-T with me...
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 17:45   #37
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post
Bourton-on-the water. Cotswolds.

A great place to live.

Kev.

[IMG][/IMG]
Im not Clarkson and I cannot afford the Cotswolds. It is lovely though isn't it.

Last edited by jonathan63; 13th April 2015 at 17:49..
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 18:01   #38
MGBJM
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

There was a survey you could do on the BBC website recently about whereabouts in the UK you should live....

It told me go and live on a remote Scottish island in somewhere called Argyle and Bute.

It didn't say if that was for my benefit or everybody else's....
Old 13th April 2015, 18:27   #39
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Have to say I really like it where I am, even if the depths of winter bring too much darkness and cold. I've been working on turning an empty 2 acre field into a place I can live and eventually work part-time. I planted my first orchard three years ago, with the second one (for cider!) planned for this autumn. A few years ago I started building decent sized "growboxes" out of reclaimed fence boards and for the last couple of years have been using those to produce around a third of our vegetables pretty much all year round. Now I have my first polytunnel built and the plastic is due to be delivered this week, so that's going to ramp up the food production. I've also put in my first four raised beds with fruit bushes, and next year I plan on having at least one more polytunnel - by then I should be at the point where I can sell my surplus through the local shop.

That's all aside from the tree-planting, landscaping, patio-laying etc to make it a nice place to live! Unless you've got shedloads of money to throw at something ready to move into, creating a rural idyll involves a lot of hard graft. Very satisfying though!
Sounds like hard work but very rewarding, SWMBO would love a small holding like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
We bought some land which has its own beach on the Indian ocean and we often dream about building a beach or tree house which overlooks the sea. It is often 28C - 33C throughout the year, living in those temps is something else. If money was no object, we would have already built it. But alas, it is a maybe project. I spend half the year in the tropics and half the year in the UK. I count my blessings for good health We love the food and the British way of life, so who knows, we still might settle back here in the long run. I am very fond of Wiltshire, Dorset and North Yorkshire. We are exploring Scotland in the summer, for the culture, the views and the history

Dreams sometimes come true
Phil you lucky man! Idyllic isn't the word for what you have bought, the private beach sounds FANTASTIC
Old 13th April 2015, 19:02   #40
cazemi
Loves to post

75 oil burner ZX12R,ZRX1200R VN 1500,Uncle Bunt hardtail chop,

i've lived all my life in the North East, due to a strikingly stupid moment of weakness
her"lets get married"
me, "ok then" i now find myself living in rented house within spitting distance of Ncle airport, its great when the winds coming in from the coast!

i'm 5 mins ride into the best biking roads in GB (i have 2 bikes taxed n MOT'D at any one time) have a great bunch of mates here & the countryside is stunning. nightlife in the Toon is varied & we are generally a friendly bunch.
if i did win the lottery, i'd buy somewhere in the middle of Northumberland, with a bit of land for my japanese Akita & a well equipped workshop for me-oh & a house of some description.
as i dont buy lotto tickets i cant see it happening!
as a bonus tho, i only life a mile from Marinabrian, who is one of the most generous & helpfull guys on the planet
cazemi is offline   Reply With Quote