Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th June 2016, 22:40   #171
rickd
Avid contributor

rover75 connie se cdt

I brought one very similar to the one on here. I did buy all the bits that were suggested and I took my radio out and connected the two plugs from the loom and it worked. The only problem I have is with the radio not working, I did try the one that was in my old radio but not working and I did see another antenna wire but that didn't work either, luckily I only listen to talk sport on the radio. Well worth getting.
rickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 17:32   #172
meterman66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny SE Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahburg75 View Post
Hi everyone,

seriously considering getting one of these. 1 thing that is putting me off his having to wire it in myself. Im fine with a spanner, Socket or hammer but other than that im somewhat of a novice.

does anyone had an idiots guide (and I mean REALLY simple) to connecting the wiring up on these?

also links the best Fascia's etc. that are needed to complete the kit (the ones with the list modifications)

thanks guys

It really is simple if you have the ISO adapter lead from the OEM stereo.

The ISO connector from my old stereo plugged straight in to the head unit and everything works.(Even though the colours of the wires are different)

I have limited FM stations but that is probably down to the poor aerial arrangement on our cars with it being in the heated screen element.

I would have liked AM for (talksport and Radio 5 mainly)but you get what you pay for and for £35 I'm not complaining.

I found the fascia is a pain to trim(and do a nice job) I used a dremmell which sometimes dug in and and mine now looks like a dogs dinner(no longer a subscriber so can't upload pics.) I aim to contact the guy on this thread who fabricated his own fascia out of wood and see if he will give me the dimensions.

Hope this helps
meterman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 13:21   #173
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Default Start Screen -> Logo Setting

7010B Unit.
I have noted Dallas' post #51 about the '1983' function.
However I don't seem to be able to get in to the Start Screen and certainly have not had access to the 'Logo Setting' since first installing the unit.
I realise the shortcomings of the Manual but frankly after a couple of hours attempting - I just can't find the Start Screen. Thankfully everything else appears to be working to my satsifaction...
I want to install my own 'splash-screen' from a micro SD, it's a bmp file of 298Kb size.
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 16:17   #174
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
7010B Unit.
I have noted Dallas' post #51 about the '1983' function.
However I don't seem to be able to get in to the Start Screen and certainly have not had access to the 'Logo Setting' since first installing the unit.
I realise the shortcomings of the Manual but frankly after a couple of hours attempting - I just can't find the Start Screen. Thankfully everything else appears to be working to my satsifaction...
I want to install my own 'splash-screen' from a micro SD, it's a bmp file of 298Kb size.
The logo setting is under 'Settings' 4th line down under 'OUTPUT'.

You may have the newer V5-6BT-FK-TP firmware version and 2016-04-08 build date, seems they deleted the inbuilt logo setting.

But dont worry, you can setup your own start-screen logo by doing the following.

1. Insert memory card with the picture you want to use.
2. Goto the 'Menu' page (select 'Home' button at top right of screen).
3. Select the Blue 'Photo' tile.
4. Select 'TF' (now find the photo that you want to use).
5. Touch the screen to bring up the top and bottom bar.
6. Select the square oblong mountain picture icon at bottom right of screen.
7. Select 'Yes' to set as background, then select 'OK'.

The picture should now be your background, and your start-up screen/logo.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 17:37   #175
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Spot On, Dallas... Thanks.
I do in fact have the Firmware version that you quote and the Build Date is the same too. ( a label on the side of the unit states that it went through Final Test on 15 May 2016). I've copied your reply to my "How To Do It" file...
Martin
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2016, 17:32   #176
meterman66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny SE Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
I have now connected my steering wheel up and configured the controls.
It is straight forward and should work first time.
The connections from the steering wheel are on two thin wires Blue & Blue with orange tracer.
These will need to be cut from the loom and one fed to the Power ISO connector on the set and the other one of them to earth. I used another ISO connector and salvaged one lead and internal connector and fed it into my existing ISO plug.
It makes no difference which lead you earth or connect to the radio as the wheel controls only select different resistors on each function.
Once complete go to settings and then wheel controls do each one at a time, EG go to Vol + and press Vol + on the wheel and a tick will appear next to it on the display, once done press OK.
Job done.

The last two pictures show the steering wheel cables from a Hi-Line loom, On the BMW connector they can be found easily enough, also the ISO plug supplied with the radio, its the Orange & Black tracer lead on pin 3.

WARNING: There is a 3.5mm jack socket on the rear of these units which has a constant 5v on the innermost connection. Under no circumstances use this as an input, possible damage may be done to the connected device.
Do we know what this 3.5mm jack is for?? do you think it would be for an external bluetooth mic??

Regards

Col
meterman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 09:30   #177
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
The headunit was a topic of conversation with a couple of members yesterday at Falkirk.
As yet I've not investigated the 3.5mm socket at the rear. It's possible it could be for a powered mike for Bluetooth.
I did read a report on the net of some twit moaning the odd it blew up an I phone via the rear jack socket, like I say always be wary of something that isn't marked in the manual, it could even be for programming the set, at this point who knows?
Old 28th June 2016, 17:56   #178
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Will be able to use this lead with this unit to save butchering the loom?
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsr...rover-25-45-75

Last edited by Atlan; 28th June 2016 at 17:56.. Reason: link
Atlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 20:55   #179
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
You don't need to do it that way. Does your car have the Big BMW connector or the ISO lead?
You've been to my place so I can show what to do.
Old 30th June 2016, 18:37   #180
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
You don't need to do it that way. Does your car have the Big BMW connector or the ISO lead?
You've been to my place so I can show what to do.
Thanks for the offer , I am quite happy with the radio I got from you for now. The ad states that it lets you use the steering wheel controls, does this include the use of the cd changer as well, seeing as this unit don't have a cd player ?
Just curious.
Atlan is offline   Reply With Quote