Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th September 2015, 20:45   #11
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Yeah at the end they produced some odd spec cars, when breaking the late ones 2005 models I find some real odd specs like highline sat nav in a classic with cloth seats and gridspoke wheels + message centre etc
Regards mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 15:48   #12
Edward Huggins
Avid contributor

Rover 75

And I still keep finding things on my March 16th 2005 CDTi - including sports type leather gear knob, reversing sensors, "A" pillar airbags, much sound deadening in boot....and yet still called a CDTi Classic.
ED
PS Previously found: Twin horns, full leather all round, folding rear seat, ski hatch, rear cupholders, 4 full wheel arch liners, underbonnet and front scuttle soundproofing, illuminated visors, GPS (audio only version), driver's grab handle, 16" alloys, full spare wheel - and more I'll remember when this is posted. And I'm not complaining!
Edward Huggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 18:04   #13
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Went out with a friend a few weeks ago to look at an 05 reg conni se it had curtain air bags and power fold mirrors, where as the 05 reg conni (not se) had neither but had the information centre, auto rear view mirror and rain sensing wipers that the se did not have.....
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:22   #14
Edward Huggins
Avid contributor

Rover 75

All rather strange and maybe a sign of mayhem/QC in those last few days....I can also add to my Post #12 - Electric windows all round, "B" Pillar airbags, map pockets in rear of front seats......ED
Edward Huggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 15:15   #15
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

"100 years of car production, 5000 people out of a job"
Pretty sad, especially since some of their stuff was top notch, and much of it miles better than the rubbish from France, Korea etc.
Probably would make a good study into how not to run a business, which is quite strange given the number of management type courses available at universities, colleges etc. not to mention the pay awarded to senior executives.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 18:47   #16
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimutly View Post
"100 years of car production, 5000 people out of a job"
Pretty sad, especially since some of their stuff was top notch, and much of it miles better than the rubbish from France, Korea etc.
Probably would make a good study into how not to run a business, which is quite strange given the number of management type courses available at universities, colleges etc. not to mention the pay awarded to senior executives.
Innovation research and development yes, the British are very good at that, at business alas they are not, to be good at business you need to understand the people who work for you, read the story behind the decline and decline and more decline of British Leyland, you will be horrified, incompetence all round.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 19:59   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Innovation research and development yes, the British are very good at that, at business alas they are not, to be good at business you need to understand the people who work for you, read the story behind the decline and decline and more decline of British Leyland, you will be horrified, incompetence all round.
I have a friend who used to work at the Cowley works when it was MG/Rover, some of the stories he has told me made me wonder how they ever made anything. Some cars must have been a complete nightmare, nuts and bolts in the exhaust, engines with pistons missing and electrical connections not connected. He reckoned the end of the line could be a complete car park with the amount of cars that would not start. On the other hand a car being built for an employee had extra paint and rustproofing and was built properly.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 13:17   #18
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

One of the dodges used was to stockpile cars at the end of the line for weekend working.l spent a lot of time in longbridge and cowley installing conveyor system. Company l worked for installed systems for the R 8( 214/216/concerto.at longbrudge and the R40 75 at cowley.we were 40% complete installing the new mini in cab 2 longbridge when the announcement was made.We then took system out and stored it until the 75 was transferred to longbridge, the was an awful air of gloom when it happened.
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 21:19   #19
Mills2009
Avid contributor

1999 75 Auto & 2005 ZT-T Auto

A fair few enhancements were made for 2005 model year cars. For example, curtain airbags and power fold mirrors became standard on Conn SE models. Drivers side grab handles were also refitted for 2005 model year; my April 2005 ZTT has one fitted, but it was standard for any '05 model year car.

On the other hand, the Harmon Kardon sound system fitted as standard to 2004 Contemporary SE's was deleted for 2005.

The SVP's were essentially Classic models with full leather and Contemporary wheels fitted. They were priced very competitively and produced in time for new March 05 registrations. They were selling well, along with the newly streamlined 25 & 45 ranges, which also included leather as standard. Unfortunately it was just too late.

The last ZT-T to be produced in Black Pearl, being the 437th of 437.
Mills2009 is offline   Reply With Quote