Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th July 2020, 22:16   #1
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default splash screen

hello to all
I am trying to change the splash screen on my mk4 dvd unit I have the bmw software update V32.2 disk and update system V32 custom disk I have used navtweak and mode2cdmake and burned the files as mode2 form1 but it does not work what format should this software be burned to disk
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2020, 15:05   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2000 View Post
hello to all
I am trying to change the splash screen on my mk4 dvd unit I have the bmw software update V32.2 disk and update system V32 custom disk I have used navtweak and mode2cdmake and burned the files as mode2 form1 but it does not work what format should this software be burned to disk
david
What version is the firmware on the DVD unit? My understanding is that you can't overwrite the installed version with another copy of the same version number simply by putting the installation disc in the drive, I think also you cannot downgrade from a higher installed firmware to a lower installation firmware simply by putting the upgrade disc in the drive.
From what I recall when I upgraded mine several years ago, in you want to install a new copy of the firmware over the installed (i.e. v32 over v32) you've got to change a 'bit' in the installation firmware to indicate to the drive that it is a higher firmware version.
I do have my notes etc. somewhere from when I made a custom splash screen for mine, I could dig them out and have a look if you wanted, but from memory you need 'ultraiso' to extract the navboot file from the image, 'navtweak' to modify the navboot file and them 'imageburn' to write the modified firmware image to a CD-ROM

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:55   #3
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2000 View Post
hello to all
david
Hi David, I don't know if you sorted your problem, but if you contact Baris at carphonics.co.uk he will sell you a disk (£20-30) to upgrade the splashscreen to the Mk1 or Mk2 Rover image, let him know which one you want. It is correct that you can't upgrade if the sofware version on the disk is the same as the one already installed in the Mk4 DVD. If this is the case he will also do you a disk which downgrades the software on the Mk4, so that when you put in the disk with the Rover splashscreen it upgrades to the latest software with the Rover logo.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2020, 20:55   #4
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
if you want to change the splash screen you have to use navtweak there are full instructions on this forum and you need v32 and v32.2 you use v32 to go back then use v32.2 with your new splash screen this will then update your system but there is a difference between mk3 and mk4 the mk3 disks need to be mode2/form1 mk4 need to be mode1/2048 format
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 18:51   #5
Howard81
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

You need to downgrade to an older version, then upgrade using the modified disk. If you’re having issues I can send you a link to download the disk I made.
Howard81 is offline   Reply With Quote