Notices

Old 12th March 2021, 17:30   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
So who thinks the BBC have had there day...is the TV licence fee outdated? Do you still think it's value for money? Who thinks it should go on a subscription basis...ie don't watch it..don't pay As for sending TV licence goons to your house with threats etc,they are only salesmen so just don't answer the door..NEVER let them in and ignore all threatening letters.
They protected and funded peadophiles for years
Where do you get this cr@p from?
Old 12th March 2021, 18:06   #12
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

I do think the BBC needs to be on a subscription basis. It's outdated & no longer works in its current form.

I begrudge paying my license fee & the thought of the money that theses people at the BBC are on.....just obscene in my opinion.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 19:47   #13
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

There is definitely a campaign in the Murdoch press (and others) to undermine the BBC and I think its winning. Since the appointment of the new chairman - a wealthy Tory donor - I thought things would drift towards a more government friendly output and I suspect cancelling The Mash Report is just the start.

Historically, like turkeys voting for Christmas, we have a history of giving up things others would hold dear - our heavy industries, public housing, comprehensive education, public utilities. The BBC is just the next on the list.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 20:55   #14
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

When i reached 75 last August, i was advised to change the Licence to my wifes name, as she is on Pension Credits. Filled in the Application form, had reply 3 weeks later, saying application is successful, new licence will be sent. Four months later, no sign of Licence, but have received 5 threatening letters telling me i could face a fine of £1000. On our last of 5 phone calls i told the B.B.C that i will be suing them Harassment if i receive another one.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 21:43   #15
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
When i reached 75 last August, i was advised to change the Licence to my wifes name, as she is on Pension Credits. Filled in the Application form, had reply 3 weeks later, saying application is successful, new licence will be sent. Four months later, no sign of Licence, but have received 5 threatening letters telling me i could face a fine of £1000. On our last of 5 phone calls i told the B.B.C that i will be suing them Harassment if i receive another one.
It's not BBC that send the letters out mate,it's capita..which are just Scummy bully boys, especially when they turn up on your door,if they ever come to your house,just close the door as they have no power to enter your house,that's where people go wrong by letting them in,then the bully boy tactics start n they've got you..
Best thing to do is just cancel the licence if You've got internet connection as you can watch 90% of tv programs on demand whenever you want too free if charge,if you want to watch the BBC news etc..you can watch snippets of the days news on you tube free of charge anyway.
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 15:49   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
So who thinks the BBC have had there day...is the TV licence fee outdated? Do you still think it's value for money? Who thinks it should go on a subscription basis...ie don't watch it..don't pay it.
The amount of internet based services offering catch up etc like now TV,Netflix,prime and many others...,IV not paid for a licence in over 10 years as I don't watch live TV,IV had many 'investigation letters' through the door and they go straight in the bin,so why should I pay for it? As for sending TV licence goons to your house with threats etc,they are only salesmen so just don't answer the door..NEVER let them in and ignore all threatening letters.
They protected and funded peadophiles for years
My interpretation of what you have written due to the order you wrote it, is that you have accused the people that come to your door as having "protected and funded peadophiles for years" can you evidence that the people that come to your do protected and funded paedophiles for years or are you just making a wild and false allegation?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 17:19   #17
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
My interpretation of what you have written due to the order you wrote it, is that you have accused the people that come to your door as having "protected and funded peadophiles for years" can you evidence that the people that come to your do protected and funded paedophiles for years or are you just making a wild and false allegation?

macafee2
That's my fault,I meant the BBC in general and obviously not capita
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 22:03   #18
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Shawn,I think the BBC is fantastic value for money I watch it all the time,I would be glad to pay even more for the licence, in fact the quality of all the programs, it should be at least double the price
Are you being Serious????

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 06:04   #19
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Are you being Serious????
Yes I sure am,what wonderful shows they have aired past and present,and the repeats are most divine.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 06:56   #20
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

We get free access to the World Service via the radio and our local TV satellite company airs the BBC World News, Eastenders, BBC children's programmes and Midsomer Murders for which we have to pay a monthly fee. I would like to get FreeView but it is not possible. Apart from satellite TV, I watch Youtube. We don't watch the TV during the day as we are busy doing other things, we only watch it in the evenings. There is free TV here, but it is very basic and does not include movies.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote