Notices

Old 17th March 2021, 17:24   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Adios, goodbye, I'm outta here

Adios, goodbye, I'm outta here.
Barring a disaster of cataclysmic proportions I am on the move. Got a shock phone call to say we have exchanged contracts on our house. I was expecting another 5- 6 weeks.

A long tale of ups and down, more downs then ups

In 2019 my wife dropped a bomb shell on me that left me feeling sick to the stomach, with our son going to Australia for a year and our daughter talking of starting a family she wanted to move to be near our daughter.
I did not want to move but my wife would not have been happy staying.
We decided we would not move while our son was away but he then decided to stay a second year an our daughter became pregnant and so the move reared its ugly head again.

Covid lock down in 2020 and our house goes on the market. Months go by and we find a property. We spend £500 and 8 hours driving to meet with a planning consultant about a garage. All good, our offer is accepted, estate agent says our offer accepted. Next day, turns out seller took another viewing and sold to someone else. I did not like the property but it would have done and was a relief. Our buyer drops out a few weeks later.

We find another property, a car crash of a property but I loved it, piped at the post by a cash buyer. We find another buyer and they want to exchange by Christmas 2020, ya all good.

We are now February 2021 our buyers buyer is messing about. We find another property, omg this was special. 5 beds, grand stair case, very wall is solind not one stud wall upstairs or down, 1.3 acres, fields front, side and rear plus another 0.8 acre next door. Used as an administration building, kitchen removed to be an office, bathroom removed to be an office, garage petitioned to be 2 offices, surface run everything. Total internal renovation project, £462,500 we offered £505,000 and lost to a cash buyer with a much lower offer.... gutted is an understatement.
January my wife moves into our daughters house that she has just vacated. I'm left with "nothing" sleeping on he floor on the caravan cushions. We have a shipping container full, garage full, a bedroom full and half the living room full.
We hired a 7.5 tonne lorry to fill the shipping container, parked on the grass at my daughters new home and the lorry sunk into the earth and we had to call breakdown to tow us off. That made or a long day, 400 miles at 56 mph then unloading and seeing our daughter.
Oh and reversing a 7.5 tonne lorry into a 9'3 gate when you have not driven one for 20 years is not easy. I then made the mistake of parking at an angle and it the dark had to get the damn thing out again, back and forth gggggrrrrrrr.

We give up looking for a house until ours is sold. A week ago our buyer kicks her buyer into touch for messing about and goes with a new buyer. A couple of hours ago I take shock phone call from solicitor to say we have exchanged.
Seems our buyer went with her original buyer. Long delay from November to January as our buyers solicitor sits on paper work and does nothing ggggrrrr. We then seemed to be in a Monday, Wednesday, Friday cycle for weeks regarding exchanging contracts.

We have a completion date of don't laugh, April 1st.
Trips to look at houses and move probably run into to a couple of thousand miles. Hose moves allowed during lockdown

A couple of members were aware of my plans but it must have seemed like just talk it was so long ago we spoke.

I am surprised it has taken so long to sell our place as we are in the New Forest National park with fields down one side, quiet location, cul de sac at the far end away from traffic with Southampton no more then 20 minutes away and a direct train to Waterloo about a mile away. Forest is 300 yards away and during last year found new routes through the forest

Anyway, up north it is. My wife is delighting in being a grandmother, our daughter is struggling to cope as a new mum and appreciates the moral support.

And so in preparation of April 1st, adios and goodbye from the New Forest

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2021, 17:34   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

[
Anyway, up north it is. My wife is delighting in being a grandmother, our daughter is struggling to cope as a new mum and appreciates the moral support.

Not to far Up North I hope..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2021, 17:52   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
[

Not to far Up North I hope..
200 miles, great thing is the peak district that we love is not to far away.
Alas Chideock near Bridport will be. There is a 5 van caravan site there that I love. We may well be back in the area June for an event

we expect to be south west'ish of worksop

macafee2
Old 17th March 2021, 18:02   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well, after 68 years of living in my flat in Essex I pulled up my roots and moved nearly 275 miles to Cornwall.

So good luck with the move.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2021, 20:39   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Being in the throes of a sale of my late aunt’s property,I have had my eyes opened to the world of oroperty selling and how insulting viewers can be and how much buyers can mess about . The current buyer has messed about for weeks before getting themselves sorted. I have never sold a property before, we have lived in the same house all our married life.
Old 17th March 2021, 20:47   #6
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Fingers crossed for some plain sailing from now on. .

House buying/moving is such a long, drawn out, pain in backside.

I think it would be good for all houses to be sold at auction to stop all the bids/offers/general mucking about and time wasters.

Maybe you'll be close enough to come along to a Nano?

Good luck.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 17th March 2021 at 20:56..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2021, 20:55   #7
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Hope the move goes well Ian and you all settle down nicely.

No excuse, we still want to see you at the next Poole Park meet.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2021, 21:11   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hope the move goes well Ian and you all settle down nicely.

No excuse, we still want to see you at the next Poole Park meet.
arrange it for June? I think that is when there is a concert at poole park as we intend to be down for that and I'd love to come along.

How are you feeling, any better?

macafee2
Old 17th March 2021, 21:16   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Being in the throes of a sale of my late aunt’s property,I have had my eyes opened to the world of oroperty selling and how insulting viewers can be and how much buyers can mess about . The current buyer has messed about for weeks before getting themselves sorted. I have never sold a property before, we have lived in the same house all our married life.
we never expected to move, we have been here about 20 years and thought this was it.
We are late 50's and so our next house is a 10 - 15 year plan then we expect to downsize. Too old to be crawling under cars or manage a large garden.

This sale has been a nightmare. The solicitor was bouncing off the walls when she rang me to tell me, she was so happy.
We have not done the viewings the estate agent has and he has had to work hard for his money.

macafee2
Old 17th March 2021, 21:29   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
arrange it for June? I think that is when there is a concert at poole park as we intend to be down for that and I'd love to come along.

How are you feeling, any better?

macafee2
Sounds good Ian.

Touching wood... I've had a couple of good days these past week, for one strange minute it feels as though I have turned a corner. I've had this happen a few times now, but WHAM! it soon comes back and slaps me in the face. The surgeons did say that pain can take months before it settles once the stimulus has been taken away, but how long is a piece of string.

I'm due to go back next week for an update, it may be a case of prolonging the next plan of action in favour of more improvement, see what happens I guess.

Thanks for asking.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote