Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:22   #1
Happy Wanderer
Loves to post
 
Happy Wanderer's Avatar
 
Rover 75 (Roxy) /Ford Ranger (Ruby) /Nissan Micra (Maisie)

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Skipton
Posts: 360
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default Car trailer hire

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can hire me a car trailer for the day. I'm in Skipton North Yorkshire. Tia
Regards
Andy ☺️
__________________
It's not just a car, it's history 🤔☺️!!
Happy Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:16   #2
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 11,694
Thanks: 1,301
Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,728 Posts
Default

Some company's can be a bit fussy and refuse to hire car transporter trailers but I see you want to get from someone not a company.
It may depend on what you are using as a tow car and even what you want to put on it.
A Rover 75 can drag 1600kg and the nose weight should not exceed 100kg which for a car is a lot. A car transporter and a Rover 75, you may be overdoing it

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macafee2 For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:49   #3
Happy Wanderer
Loves to post
 
Happy Wanderer's Avatar
 
Rover 75 (Roxy) /Ford Ranger (Ruby) /Nissan Micra (Maisie)

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Skipton
Posts: 360
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Some company's can be a bit fussy and refuse to hire car transporter trailers but I see you want to get from someone not a company.
It may depend on what you are using as a tow car and even what you want to put on it.
A Rover 75 can drag 1600kg and the nose weight should not exceed 100kg which for a car is a lot. A car transporter and a Rover 75, you may be overdoing it

macafee2
Thanks for the info. I've asked the DVSA & I'm towing it with Ranger Wildtrack so the guy said it was fine as long as it wasn't for hire or reward.
__________________
It's not just a car, it's history 🤔☺️!!
Happy Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:49   #4
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 11,694
Thanks: 1,301
Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,728 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
Thanks for the info. I've asked the DVSA & I'm towing it with Ranger Wildtrack so the guy said it was fine as long as it wasn't for hire or reward.
Ranger Wildtrack ya I'd expect that to be ok

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macafee2 For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:00   #5
Happy Wanderer
Loves to post
 
Happy Wanderer's Avatar
 
Rover 75 (Roxy) /Ford Ranger (Ruby) /Nissan Micra (Maisie)

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Skipton
Posts: 360
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

That's great ☺️ yeah it's my 75 that I want to transport pulling it with the Ranger 👍🏻
__________________
It's not just a car, it's history 🤔☺️!!
Happy Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:30   #6
victorgte
I really should get out more.......
 
victorgte's Avatar
 
MG TF, MGZT

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 2,636
Thanks: 388
Thanked 547 Times in 410 Posts
Default

I used to hire car trailers for my personal use but never got questioned about my towing vehicle which is astonishing.
Iíve overcome the problem now by buying a car transporter with a capacity of 1600kg. That covers many vehicles. Having fitted air suspension it transforms the ride and stability at all weights.
__________________
MG TF 135, MG ZT
victorgte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to victorgte For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:51   #7
Happy Wanderer
Loves to post
 
Happy Wanderer's Avatar
 
Rover 75 (Roxy) /Ford Ranger (Ruby) /Nissan Micra (Maisie)

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Skipton
Posts: 360
Thanks: 62
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
I used to hire car trailers for my personal use but never got questioned about my towing vehicle which is astonishing.
Iíve overcome the problem now by buying a car transporter with a capacity of 1600kg. That covers many vehicles. Having fitted air suspension it transforms the ride and stability at all weights.
I did actually think about buying one but I've nowhere to keep it lol 😂
__________________
It's not just a car, it's history 🤔☺️!!
Happy Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2021, 22:20   #8
victorgte
I really should get out more.......
 
victorgte's Avatar
 
MG TF, MGZT

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 2,636
Thanks: 388
Thanked 547 Times in 410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
I did actually think about buying one but I've nowhere to keep it lol 😂
I got lucky there. Friends have farm land and barns. Its parked up with a trickle charger connected.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
__________________
MG TF 135, MG ZT
victorgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2020, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd