Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2016, 19:00   #1
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Default Well done our girl No2..

Thought as we're on a theme

My 13 year old completed her first Air Cadet camp last week during half term. Although it was for the band they had them up at 0600hrs for room cleaning and inspection followed by breaky at 0700 then music training at 0800hrs. Culminated with a 30m marching concert for parents on Friday. They sounded superb and as a group they'd never played so hats off to the staff in charge. She loved every minute of it and can't wait to attend the next one in April. At the moment she's bulling her shoes - AGAIN Better than staying in on the X-box or watching some banality on YouTube.

Really proud of her - not sure with her joining the RAF as a career mind..
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:08   #2
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Looks like i have started something .

Great stuff for your lass .

Lets keep encouraging them because if we dont who will.

Great post .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:54   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Its great that she has an interest that doesn't have a keyboard!

I loved the air cadets, because my father knew the local squadron commander I joined younger than I should have. I was in for about seven years, numerous summer camps on RAF bases all over the country including Scampton, home of the Dambusters, I was even at RAF Luqa on Malta for two weeks. I think RAF Kinloss was the highlight though, while there I was on an 11 hour patrol flight in a Nimrod and in my mind the ultimate highlight, across to Lossiemouth for a 9 hour patrol flight in a Shackleton.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:00   #4
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Well done to your daughter, like said, it's great she's got an interest outside of an x box

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Its great that she has an interest that doesn't have a keyboard!
Indeed!
My son is 15 and is computer mad, not just games but computing in general. But, to be fair, he completed his bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award last year and is now on with the silver, completely off his own back so, fair play to him
He's talking about doing the gold next year which involves a two week trek in Morocco

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:20   #5
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
Well done to your daughter, like said, it's great she's got an interest outside of an x box

Indeed!
My son is 15 and is computer mad, not just games but computing in general. But, to be fair, he completed his bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award last year and is now on with the silver, completely off his own back so, fair play to him
He's talking about doing the gold next year which involves a two week trek in Morocco
Its great to see them enjoy the chances we never had .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:39   #6
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

I was in 1210 Sqdn. Air Training Corps (Congleton) from 1951 to 1956... Cadet to Flt. Sgt. We had regular camps away RAF Ternhill, Shawbury and Harwarden. Annual camps at Halton, Binbrook, Bridgenorth and as for sport, I was a keen Cross Country competitor with no mean achievements and went on to Swim and Dive for Cheshire County Wing in National Championships. Came home with prizes too... a brilliant foundation for my eventual RAF career in Radar, where I was able to enjoy my Swimming, Basketball and Rugby at National level, all of which was the foundation to my eventual joining BAe where I was working for 26 years in Flight Testing Concorde all over the world and subsequent Project Managment in the Hawker 1000 Flight testing programme.
So we had the opportunities 'back then' if you took them, however they are still there if you go looking for them...
Good Luck to any of the modern youth today who take up those opportunities ...

Last edited by Time Searcher; 23rd February 2016 at 08:13..
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:46   #7
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Old 23rd February 2016, 04:07   #8
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Well Done

Hi Gman
Congratulations to your Daughter on here achievement
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 07:41   #9
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
My 13 year old completed her first Air Cadet camp last week during half term. Although it was for the band they had them up at 0600hrs for room cleaning and inspection followed by breaky at 0700 then music training at 0800hrs. Culminated with a 30m marching concert for parents on Friday. They sounded superb and as a group they'd never played so hats off to the staff in charge. She loved every minute of it and can't wait to attend the next one in April. At the moment she's bulling her shoes - AGAIN
Really proud of her - not sure with her joining the RAF as a career mind..
Congratulations to your daughter. The discipline and companionship is what comes through in the Air Cadets and the chances of flying, gliding, shooting, canoeing, and more, are not to be missed. Good luck to her and I am sure she will benefit from it all, as obviously you too do in seeing her success.

I was with 2417 squadron (Newmarket), both my son and daughter were in Air Cadets, the majority of their squadron going on to join...............the Army.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 08:06   #10
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Well done I'm sure you were very proud. My younger brother joined the ATC and eventually got me to help out on a radio project he went onto become an RAF doctor that was 1970 I finally retired from the ATC in 2013. The rest they say is history if the youngsters put the effort in the rewards can be great.
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote