Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th November 2016, 12:00   #1
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Default ZT-T 1.8 n/a Upper Engine Mount

I have noted all of the recent posts in the Technical Help and How to Forums about the vibration related cabin noises, however all/most appear to be related to Diesel variants.
I too am recently also experiencing unacceptable cabin noise that I have decided is not engine speed related, nor induction noise (the Shannon Tube is OK and the Air Filter was renewed at the last service). Wheel bearings front and back have been checked and are not the cause and a new rear exhaust box has been fitted, so I am now of the opinion that the only probable cause is the Upper Engine Mount.
I see that the item KKB101903 is the part for my vehicle, but as it is a 1.8 non turbo how likely is that it 'has failed'. 55,000 miles in a March 2005, rarely driven on less than 'A roads', does not seem excessive to me!
Any advice would be most welcome...
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 12:54   #2
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
I have noted all of the recent posts in the Technical Help and How to Forums about the vibration related cabin noises, however all/most appear to be related to Diesel variants.
I too am recently also experiencing unacceptable cabin noise that I have decided is not engine speed related, nor induction noise (the Shannon Tube is OK and the Air Filter was renewed at the last service). Wheel bearings front and back have been checked and are not the cause and a new rear exhaust box has been fitted, so I am now of the opinion that the only probable cause is the Upper Engine Mount.
I see that the item KKB101903 is the part for my vehicle, but as it is a 1.8 non turbo how likely is that it 'has failed'. 55,000 miles in a March 2005, rarely driven on less than 'A roads', does not seem excessive to me!
Any advice would be most welcome...
You can never tell with the Hydramounts. Your car is eleven years old and the mount may have split, or the fluid may have leaked out so inspect it carefully. The rubber could have hardened so that it can no longer absorb
the vibrations so is now passing them on through the steering column and the seats. Trouble is the problem could lie elsewhere but you will not know
until you try a new one. I was lucky, a new one cured all the vibes and returned the car to 'as new'.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote