Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th February 2019, 18:21   #1
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Norfolk

Anyone know what Cromer is like? A friend is considering taking his caravan there for a week in June.
Old 7th February 2019, 18:27   #2
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Not too bad , sheringham is nicer and the area heading west along the north coast is nice. There are some good sites round here Kelling heath is the biggest with decent amenities
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 18:29   #3
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Anyone know what Cromer is like? A friend is considering taking his caravan there for a week in June.

It's quite a pleasant town with a pier.. More a traditional seaside town than an arcade busting touristy place like Gt Yarmouth. Not a bad part of Norfolk to be based in.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 18:39   #4
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

I have worked in Cromer for a while. As Rogue said is true. Cromer is excellent with the amenities, The further left or right you go is more sandy beaches . Wells is a good place North East of Cromer plus it has a notified chippy But as Rogue said Gt Yarmouth
Old 7th February 2019, 18:43   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Other places such as Blakeny (Nature Reserve & Seals) and Wells Next the Sea are easily accessible from Cromer by car.

They are all nice places to spend some time.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 19:30   #6
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Cromer is a nice traditional seaside town with a pier and summer shows etc, as has been mentioned Sheringham is very nice too.
I may be biased but the coastline west of Sheringham through to Hunstanton would be my choice. Wells next the sea is virtually unspoilt and the Golden Fleece on the harbourside does good food too. Holt, Burnham Market, Blakeney are all worth a visit as is Holkham Hall.
On the minus side this part of Norfolk has a high percentage of holiday homes with that comes the higher prices😡
Be careful of the beaches as the tide comes in very fast if you venture too far out at low tide.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 19:54   #7
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

When we go to this area we are usually based in Fakenham. This gives you a short drive to all the above mentioned places and also south toward Thetford,west to Kings Lynn etc and east over towards North Walsham.
Plenty of sites around there and there is the racecourse at Fakenham.

regards Dave.
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 21:09   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Many rural parts of Norfolk can leave you with the feeling of having stepped back in time. My last trip there was to a little place called Elsing, a couple of weeks of mainly hot still summer in a location which was very noticeable for its peace and tranquility. There was only the sound of a distant tractor working a field for company during the day and it was pitch black at night with little or no street lighting. Most days ended with a visit to the Mermaid Pub which was a focal point for residents and visitors alike. Norwich was not too far away and provides some respite for those who feel the need to keep in touch with a faster way of life but for me Elsing was just fine.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 00:23   #9
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Many rural parts of Norfolk can leave you with the feeling of having stepped back in time. My last trip there was to a little place called Elsing, a couple of weeks of mainly hot still summer in a location which was very noticeable for its peace and tranquility. There was only the sound of a distant tractor working a field for company during the day and it was pitch black at night with little or no street lighting. Most days ended with a visit to the Mermaid Pub which was a focal point for residents and visitors alike. Norwich was not too far away and provides some respite for those who feel the need to keep in touch with a faster way of life but for me Elsing was just fine.

Will be passing by Elsing tomorrow morning on my way to Rebertson barracks just up the road in Swanton Morley

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 07:03   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Thanks everyone, will send this info on.