Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th June 2019, 18:47   #1
p2driver

Rover 75 tourer

Default high line unit no power

Hi everyone, I hope there is some good guy who can help me on here.
I have removed my very troublesome naval unit and reinstalled my original high line unit.Problem is I have no power to it. I cant remember if the large square connecter behind the head unit was connected to anything!? The Naval unit plugged into it but the High line unit just has two small plugs in the back.Its been 5 years since I took it out and I cant remember how it went!
I dont want to pull my dash apart looking for something that isnt there, can some kind soul point me in the right direction?
p2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 21:25   #2
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2driver View Post
Hi everyone, I hope there is some good guy who can help me on here.
I have removed my very troublesome naval unit and reinstalled my original high line unit.Problem is I have no power to it. I cant remember if the large square connecter behind the head unit was connected to anything!? The Naval unit plugged into it but the High line unit just has two small plugs in the back.Its been 5 years since I took it out and I cant remember how it went!
I dont want to pull my dash apart looking for something that isnt there, can some kind soul point me in the right direction?

There should be a Hi Line loom fitted to enable your system to be re-installed.

The loom has a large square connector that plugs into your socket located near the head unit.
The loom also has the blue and white plugs that connects to your Hi Line head unit. [boardmonitor]
The rest of the loom goes back to the boot area to connect to amplifier, tv unit, cd player, sat nav aerial and radio aerial in the rear screen.

The picture below shows the blue and white plugs, marked board monitor. The large black plug is shown lower center.[plug 0395]

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2019, 17:31   #3
p2driver

Rover 75 tourer

Default hi line unit no power

Ok thanks, i have the small blue and white plugs, I guess the large plug is tucked down the back somewhere, I cant remember unplugging it but I guess I did to enable the naval unit to plug into it.I will go fishing tomorrow for it, thanks again!
p2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 20:53   #4
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi there
is your car a mk1 model or a face lift if it is a mk1 then the power connector is located on the left and to get at it you will need to remove the head unit the air con control panel and the ashtray put your hand down on the left and you should see a 16 pin plug try this first
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote