Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2009, 21:13   #1
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Default Climate Control Unit - Blue Backlit

Ok, finally I have another Blue Backlit CCU for sale. The price has dropped a bit now, as I found a slightly cheaper source for the LEDs and I'm also getting a bit quicker at converting them (practice makes perfect!)

The price is £85, with £30 refunded to you when you send me your old unit after you've swapped them over. So, net cost to you is £55. And I'll post it to you recorded delivery for free.

(Note, you are responsible for ensuring I get your old unit - if it's lost in the post, then no refund, sorry! I recommend you send it via recorded delivery, that way you can claim up to £36 from the post office if it is lost.)

First one to PM me gets it!

The next one I convert after this will go on eBay, as I'm interested to see how much they get on an open auction, and how much of a market there is for these.

I'm also toying with the idea of giving a price list for blue backlighting conversions here on the forum - i.e. you send me a switch (or a spare from eBay), I convert it and send it back to you for a set price.

I've now successfully converted ALL the MG ZT switches to blue backlighting.. some are more difficult than others, but that will of course be reflected in the pricing. The CCU is by far the most expensive/difficult, followed by the light switch module and the drivers window/mirror switch.

The good thing about this method is that you can do the conversion over a period of time as funds allow.

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 160 (sadly now gone!)
2015 BMW 435d GranCoupe XDrive
Old 20th March 2009, 21:20   #2
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Just to comment - I have one of calibrax's units in mine - top rate job, Difference is amazing
Old 20th March 2009, 21:20   #3
75ContempSE
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE Auto

No good to me as would not look right on my 75, however, a great bit of work, it does look really good, something Rover should of done. I'm sure at such a cheap price you will sell on here very quick. However i have to agree i think on ebay you may sell for a lot more than your asking on here.

Just shows really how a club like this works, how people can do things to there own car and then share there ideas with others, a great place to find ideas and bag a bargain

Good luck with the sale

Andrew
Old 20th March 2009, 22:51   #4
W953 BJX
Loves to post

1953 and 1955 series 1 landrovers, two series 3 landrovers, range rover, rover 75 saloon

just a thought... Could you use White LEDs and backlight it White? That'd look dead crisp if you could, I have White led interior lighting in my 75 and it look the dogs if I may say so, just a thought?
Old 20th March 2009, 23:00   #5
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by W953 BJX View Post
just a thought... Could you use White LEDs and backlight it White? That'd look dead crisp if you could, I have White led interior lighting in my 75 and it look the dogs if I may say so, just a thought?
Let's see some pics! I'm sure I could do one in white if there was demand for it.

Old 20th March 2009, 23:07   #6
W953 BJX
Loves to post

1953 and 1955 series 1 landrovers, two series 3 landrovers, range rover, rover 75 saloon

Too late now, I'm breaking it for spares, so the interior is all out! Sorry, I transfered the LEDs into my range rover so that is all White interior lighting now, I could send you a picture of what that looks like, if you need another climate control unit I have one
Old 20th March 2009, 23:51   #7
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by W953 BJX View Post
Too late now, I'm breaking it for spares, so the interior is all out! Sorry, I transfered the LEDs into my range rover so that is all White interior lighting now, I could send you a picture of what that looks like, if you need another climate control unit I have one
It's ok, I have a small stock of them and as I'm selling on an exchange basis, I should have a steady supply. Don't worry about the piccies

Old 20th March 2009, 23:51   #8
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Climate control unit is now sold.

Old 1st April 2009, 17:56   #9
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

I've got this one currently on eBay, but it's looking like it's not going to sell for as much as I'd hoped... only one bid so far, it's at £20 and only a couple of hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180341021869

so, feel free to have a bid... you never know, you might get a bargain, as there's no reserve set!

Last edited by calibrax; 1st April 2009 at 18:00.. Reason: typo
Old 1st April 2009, 18:28   #10
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

I might have a go on it... or i'll drop one off at Cosford for you.