Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2021, 16:07   #1
Darren
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Front Passenger Side Leak

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help.

Last year I had to remove the interior of my 260 as the carpet was basically under water in both rear footwells.

The carpet sat in my wifes greenhouse for basically a year (thanks Jules) as I have been too busy to work on it, apart from regular bailing out.

This weekend I decided it was sort it or sell it time.

So far I have redone the boot seals, oh yeah forgot to say the boot was filling up too. Although still a bit of a weep on one side of the boot from the rear screen it is now acceptable and I'll remove and reseal again tomorrow.

The front plenum's were not blocked but both front sunroof drains were leaking but not enough to drown the carpet. Still fixed all 4 and no leaks now. So today was carpet in day..... I asked my wife to hose down all suspect points whilstr I lay in the car and check and to my surprise no water. After lunch it was time for the carpet.

Dragged it out of the greenhouse all dry and clean, went to put it in and found water in the rear passenger footwell.

It seems to be coming from the strengthening double box section that runs down the middle of the front passenger footwell and finishes next to the outer front seat mount. (Being able to add a photo at this stage would be handy). I've pushed some rag into the holes at the top of each box section (behind the glovebox) and it is dry.

Anyone got any thoughts on where this is coming from?

Cheers,
Darren
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote