Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th January 2019, 21:33   #11
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Thats great news unfortunately I have the earlier fuse box and can't see any reference to the fuse in my handbooks.
Try fuse 8 in the engine bay fusebox, this is the FBH fuse, or you can just disconnect the battery for 10 seconds. I never touch telestart, pointless expense in a 75/ZT that does not use the Webasto protocol, just + or -. if you want to crawl into the footwell fuse 37 39 41

Last edited by Devilish; 28th January 2019 at 22:05..
Devilish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 21:49   #12
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Just to finalise this. Removed fuse, replaced then re-synced remote. All working fine now.
Old 28th January 2019, 21:53   #13
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
I'm having the same problem with my remote fob although the clock and manual switches still work fine and I have just realised it started after my battery packed up and was renewed.

Do you know which number is the Telestart fuse Rob and is it in the box under the glove box or the one in the engine compartment?
Did he just call me Rob...... TSK, I am faaaar better looking than big nose, and I do not have the seat so far back it may as well be in the boot.
Old 28th January 2019, 22:26   #14
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Did he just call me Rob...... TSK, I am faaaar better looking than big nose, and I do not have the seat so far back it may as well be in the boot.
No you have the seat so far forward that the screen vents warm your face from the chin up

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 12:56   #15
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

To be fair I think that it generally accepted that you three nano boys are a Midlands based collective of extremely handsome, prime meat on the hoof examples of the male species, which will inevitably cause occasional identification mix ups.

I think that people are a touch surprised that a topless nano hunk of the month calender hasn't appeared raising funds for the Summer meets which would not only help ensure the future of the meetings but also help with any identification issues.

Anyway, none of which has helped my telestart key to pair back up despite the latest advice.

One thing thats odd is that after buying the car I originally bought new A23 batteries as I discovered that the ones in the telestart fob were almost dead.

I fitted the new ones and the red light lit up on the fob when pressing and the FBH came on, as you know I was unable to use the FBH until you boys stripped it out, declared it as the most sooted coked up one that you'd ever seen and fitted a refurbed burner unit.

The telestart fob worked a couple of times afterwards but then stopped. I checked the 'new batteries' with my multimeter only to find that they wre both down to 8.5 volts instead of the 12v that they should be.

I put it down to perhaps poorly stored batteries being knackered fairly quickly and bought another new pair which then worked fine for a couple of times before the same thing happened and when tested just now the most recent batteries. are down to 8.5 volts after very little use.

Now, new battery after new battery can't all be faulty and I can't be buying new batteries for just a couple of uses, so is there any scenario that a fob can be draining the new batteries in pretty short order.

I am just nipping out to buy one last pair of new batteries to see what happens.

The FBH works fine on the manual and timed switch and clock settings on the centre cubby control.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 15:10   #16
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
To be fair I think that it generally accepted that you three nano boys are a Midlands based collective of extremely handsome, prime meat on the hoof examples of the male species, which will inevitably cause occasional identification mix ups.
Like this guy already.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:15   #17
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Like this guy already.
All donations to the RNIB gratefully received
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 15:24   #18
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
All donations to the RNIB gratefully received
>>>>><<<<<
Old 29th January 2019, 15:31   #19
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Now, new battery after new battery can't all be faulty and I can't be buying new batteries for just a couple of uses, so is there any scenario that a fob can be draining the new batteries in pretty short order..
Sounds like the fob may have a internal short, or component fault, that is draining the battery. You have a PM.
Old 29th January 2019, 20:43   #20
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Sounds like the fob may have a internal short, or component fault, that is draining the battery. You have a PM.
Yup... the new batteries worked fine the FBH fired up straight away.

So clearly there is a fault draining the batteries within the fob, I have read in the past that new fobs can be got I understand that there is a T90 or T91 or something along those lines.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote