Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2010, 19:45   #31
ml.williams
Avid contributor

ZT_T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mac View Post
i wasnt in the car
the car was parked in a carpark
unless you own the car park and got the car towed there then the police are right in tehre action as it had to have been driven with no mot.

as for dirty break pipes not sure if thats just an odderty of NI but im dam sure its not in uk MOT book about dirt they only care for damage and leaks
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:55   #32
Rolled1
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
unless you own the car park and got the car towed there then the police are right in tehre action as it had to have been driven with no mot.

as for dirty break pipes not sure if thats just an odderty of NI but im dam sure its not in uk MOT book about dirt they only care for damage and leaks
The tester cant check the brake pipes for damage or corrosion if they are dirty so can refuse to test the car
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:56   #33
ml.williams
Avid contributor

ZT_T 190

were i worked they just gave them a brush off of dirt and were quite happy with that to be able to test the cars
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:11   #34
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mac View Post
i wasnt in the car
the car was parked in a carpark
i said i wil be paying
a pat in the back please!

read what had been said!

thread over
what so the car drove itself into the carpark did it ...
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:22   #35
Rolled1
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
were i worked they just gave them a brush off of dirt and were quite happy with that to be able to test the cars
Northern Ireland where I get my cars tested is different though,MOTs are carried out by a government agency,its common to be turned away if your car hasnt been steam cleaned underneath to enable them to carry out a thorough inspection of brake pipes,joints etc....
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:04   #36
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolled1 View Post
The tester cant check the brake pipes for damage or corrosion if they are dirty so can refuse to test the car
If that is the case though, then surely it would not invalidate the current MOT?

To recall a car for a re-test suggests that it has actually failed the test.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:16   #37
Rolled1
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
If that is the case though, then surely it would not invalidate the current MOT?

It hasnt actually failed the test if they have been unable to carry out the test in the first place? just speaking from personal experience,it happened to me once where they refused to carry out the test until the car was presented in a fit state ie- I had to go and get it steam cleaned underneath,was in the winter and I can imagine quite a build up of road-salt mixed with snow etc..I always make sure my car is cleaned underneath beforehand,due to the number of local underbody washing places near to testing centres here I imagine its quite a common problem
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:30   #38
Rolled1
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post

Yes your right the test is failed and you have to pay a re-test fee and get the car cleaned and then tested again,as stated in my post above it happened to me a long time ago,couldnt remember the exact details but just rang a friend who had the same case earlier this year,with work etc..he hadnt had time to get the car looked at mechanically or cleaned underneath,it passed emissions,light alignment etc..but when it was put on the ramp the tester called him over and said he was failing the car as it was so dirty underneath he was unable to carry out a proper visual test of brake lines etc..he got the car cleaned next day,re-booked and paid for a re-test which he subsequently passed
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:59   #39
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Typical Ballymena branch mate, the backlog since the fire in the MOT station has been shocking and they wont transfer the backlog to the other areas.

Mainland folks, we have multiple MOT issues in NI as its not done the same way as mainland, its government run centres which strike more often than BA crews. It causes chaos and the PSNI are rarely ***** with MOT2 certicates that are a few days out of date etc.

Must have been a new kid etc, on training straight outta Garnville.

One thing I will say mate, you can quite easily contest that information as he has got his information wrong, and bring down your blue registration document to prove this, and the station desk sarg will dismiss it, as if you contest it and go to court, the peeler will end up over the coals.

Take it to Ballymena branch, and inform them of it, show them documentation and wolla.
Old 4th June 2010, 02:18   #40
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

little did i know that a mere question would bring about such attitude?? its a simple question mate, im not trying to start a holy war or rebel against the establishment, theres no need to be quite so......unhelpful,
keyboard warrior springs to mind

and rolled 1/macgyver, everyone else, thanks, i def will be bringing it to the Ballymena branch and asking about it, otherwise, i will quite happily pay, well maybe not so happily,
cheers for the help lads......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
what so the car drove itself into the carpark did it ...

Last edited by g-mac; 4th June 2010 at 02:30..
Closed Thread